Elodie1368 asked in PetsCats · 8 years ago

What should I name my kitten?

She's a girl kitten, nine weeks old, calico. I'm stuck between two names, Sissel, (I would call her Sissy for short) from Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (game for the DS) and Jiji from the Studio Ghibli Movie, Kiki's Delivery Service (as you can see I'm kind of a geek). She is mostly white on her body except for a few chunks of color here and there, there's one spot on her head that looks like a butterfly (I will not name her anything having to do with butterflies, so don't even say that) and her tail is black. If you have any suggestions for a name you REALLY love for a kitten leave that in your source, otherwise please just tell me what you think! Thank you in advance! :)

Um, fulfillthedream I think that could be really offensive to many people. Just because YOU personally don't like manga or anime doesn't mean other people older than you can't. I know many people who have named an animal after a video game or manga character, and they still love it! I LOVE the Studio Ghibli movies, and Ghost Trick made me cry, (in a good way, if you haven't played it yet you should) Kiki's Delivery Service has a very important message about being yourself in the big wide world, and Sissel is one of my favorite video game characters ever! And what you say about naming a cat a "real" name is SO uncalled for, the name Angel has been used so many times it's just pathetic.

Thank you for all of your suggestions! I have decided to name her Jiji! It was so adorable, because today I was sitting on top of the counter in the kitchen, and she saw me, the face she gave me reminded me of Jiji so much! It was like she was trying to tell me it was bad to be sitting there, just like Jiji would!! Thank you so much everyone! :)

Favorite Answer

Maybe Artemis. I think Jiji is better

Defineately not ghost trick, you will get sick of that in about 3 years when you no longer play your DS. Nothing from anime or manga or anything like that. How about you call her a real name like Angel, or snaggle(haha). seriously though, in a few years you won't be into any of that stuff and you will have to keep using that name.

Source(s): have had a few kats since I was a child. Names: Tiger, Rascal, Jasper, Carly, Blackie

BUTTERFLY!! no i am just kidding but in my opinion i think sissel is cute and i LUV sissy for short :)