What colour to Dip-Dye my hair?

My hair is a dirty blonde, which gets naturally lighter during summer (which is coming up!) The summer holidays start next friday, which is when i want to dye it. Technically I am dying my extensions... but it is practically the same haha! At first I was thinking to get the ends done a really light blonde, and... show more My hair is a dirty blonde, which gets naturally lighter during summer (which is coming up!) The summer holidays start next friday, which is when i want to dye it. Technically I am dying my extensions... but it is practically the same haha!
At first I was thinking to get the ends done a really light blonde, and then put streaks of pink, blue etc in at the ends of my hair. I think this could look really nice, but I'm not sure... Should I just dip dye it blonde without the colours, or go for it and do both? or just the colours (not the blonde) on my natural hair (on the ends obviously)?
It will be semi-permanent dye and I do want the colour to eventually go.. just wondering if it will go if i dye the extensions? I'm pretty sure it will be the same as for normal hair - when dying it!
Anyway, would be great for your advice :)