Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesChrysler · 8 years ago

Should i buy a Cadillac STS or a Chrysler 300c?

In terms of reliability and ownership cost whats the better car. I like the styling on both cars and how they both drive. Looking at somewhere between 12-16k and the lower miles the better.

Favorite Answer

It depends what year you're talking about. The STS was developed when GM(General Motors) honest couldn't care less about quality control. I have a friend who had nothing, but problems with his. He would take his in to the dealer and the mechanics would almost always know what the problem was because they were so familiar with the poor build quality.

If you're talking about the 2004-2010 300C then I'd choose the Chrysler. The quality and build isn't much better, but It counts. The old 300s were built like trucks(looked like them too on the interior) and behaved as such. They don't have as many failures as caddys 2008 and down.

The STS seem to have a ton of mechanical and quality problems while the 300C only seems to have here-and-there problems.

Verdict, get the 300C.

• JetDoc

Neither of these cars have a reputation for being super-reliable. Cadillac has had some problems with their Northstar engine, and Chrysler is just a problem all over the place. I loved my Cadillac STS, but if I went looking for something ultra-reliable, I'd think about Honda or Toyota.

Why not a 2012 XTS!

If not go for the 300c as it is a better performing vehicle (talking about 2012 model).

Between an old generation 300c and an sts go for the sts.

Test drive them and then you can decide between the STS and the tin can.

• S.O.D

Pistonheads.com

Look at some luxury cars on here, porsche, aston etc.. proper cheap

bmw or go home son.