Fellow atheists, do you still say oh my god whenever you get surprised?

I do, it's an expression I couldn't get rid of.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yep all the time. As well as saying bless you when I hear someone sneeze. Just expressions

• 8 years ago

Nope.. That expression was never one I used..

My parents were and are very religious, using that expression and several others would result in getting ones mouth washed out with soap while my mother said in a sing song voice "I'll wash those word out of that mouth."

As a side note I prefer Ivory soap.. The worst is Lava it takes forever to get the grit from between your teeth and if feels like sandpaper on the tongue... Palmolive dish soap isn't bad and it occasionally produces bubbles when you burp ...

• 8 years ago

Kinda.. I still say omg when I'm playing a game and something happens that should've been impossible.

Like I was on guild wars 2, and it was a 2v4 match and auto-balance wasn't working.

We completely destroyed them.

• Alisha
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Yeah. I also have to stop myself from saying "I swear to god" when I'm being serious or trying to convince someone I'm not lying. The phrases don't really mean anything to me, but I try not to say them, because, well, you know.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes, these are saying I've heard all my life and part of my language, it's stupid nonsense but I can't help it. I can't help saying 'good god' when I am suprised, it's just meaningless s***.

• 8 years ago

I did but like any of these things if it bothers you, then train yourself not to.

Some people use the rather extreme method of punching themselves whenever they do although there are variations on this which are slightly less painful. (I prefer reward systems myself).

• 4 years ago

I nevertheless say "oh my god" often times. i do no longer connect any intending to the words. a number of my Catholic buddies do no longer possibly care approximately utilising "the lord's" call in ineffective lots the two.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No, I started saying "holy crap" from the crazy old man from Everybody loves Raymond on tv.

• 8 years ago

Yes, but I also say "By Odin's Beard!" on occasion to even it out.

• Evan
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I say "For the love of Klaven".

Thank you Professor Frink.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.