Christians: The bible condones rape..?

Deuteronomy 22:28 - 29 28 "If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, 29 then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her... show more Deuteronomy 22:28 - 29

28 "If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, 29 then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days.
Update: Ohhhhhh, okay.

So its ok to disregard this rule, but the crap about gays? That stuff you have to stick to like glue.
Update 2: @Christian.. Whatever your name is, I'm not going back to look:

I got that quote off a bible website. Feel free to google it.
Update 3: @ a little lost- How do those statements contradict the one I posted? The ones you mentioned add layers, yes, but that doesn't change the fact that if a woman is a unbetrothed virgin and is raped (where people can't hear her scream), she would still be forced to marry her attacker and his only punishment... show more @ a little lost-

How do those statements contradict the one I posted? The ones you mentioned add layers, yes, but that doesn't change the fact that if a woman is a unbetrothed virgin and is raped (where people can't hear her scream), she would still be forced to marry her attacker and his only punishment would be a fine of 50 shekels. And its not like I manipulated the sentence structure. That's how its written.

Also, what would make you want to insult my intelligence? People quote the OT all the time when it comes to stopping gay people from getting married, so why should they get to pick and choose which quotes are to be followed and which are to be scrapped?