is this a scam E-mail say I won a Yahoo and Microsoft lottery?

YAHOO & MSN WINDOW LIVE AWARD PROMOTION CENTER

Promotions / Prize Award Department South Africa.

Dear Lucky Winner,

This is to inform you that you have won prize money of Eight Hundred And Twenty Thousand

United State Dollars, ($820,000.00) from our Monthly Bonanza Promotion 2012, which was

organized by YAHOO & MSN WINDOWS LIVE AWARDS.

Yahoo/Msn collects all email addresses of the people that are active online, among the

millions that subscribed to Yahoo and Hotmail and few from other E-mail Providers. Five

people are selected this month to benefit from this promotion and you are one of the lucky

Selected Winners.

PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIM

Winners shall be paid in accordance with his/her Settlement Centre. YAHOO & MSN WINDOWS

LIVE PRIZE AWARD must be claimed no later than 30 days from date of Draw Notification. Any

Prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.

Stated below are your identification numbers:

BATCH NUMBER: MFI/06/APA-43658

REFERENCE NUMBER: 2008234522

WINNING NUMBER: 14, 21, 30, 34, 47, 71

PIN: 1206

These numbers fall within the Africa Location file, you are requested to contact our fiduciary

agent in South Africa and send your winning identification numbers to him:

Agent Name: Mr. Richard Dickson

Address: 1st Floor Medical Mews, Sandton City, South Africa.

PLEASE CONTACT HIM THROUGH THIS EMAIL, ADDRESSES:

Favorite Answer

100% scam.

There is no lottery.

There is no Yahoo, Facebook, Nokia, Shell, BBC, Google, Coca-Cola, MSN, Microsoft, BMW or any other company in the entire world that sponsors a lottery that notifies winners via email, phone call or text.

There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses pretending to be the "lottery official" and will demand you pay for made-up fees and taxes, in cash, and only by Western Union or moneygram.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

You could post up the email address and the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even partial sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

If you google "fake yahoo lottery", "lotto Western Union fraud" or something similar, you will find hundreds of posts of victims and near-victims of this type of scam.

No, it's 100% Real, and I just bought the Brooklyn Bridge for a few hundred bucks!!! After I quit my job, I'm going to raise the tolls. Man, I can't wait for

The money to star rolling in. The best part was calling my boss an asshole. I told him he could take that tenure I got after ten years of teaching HS Math, and shove it! Yahoooooooo I'm ric, filthy rotten rich. I'm moving on up, to the East side. To a delux apt, in he skyyyyy!

100% SCAM

Neither Microsoft nor Yahoo ever have a lottery or give away money. Not to mention the two companies are bitter rivals and would never do any sort of promotion like this in common

Here is Yahoo's warning about the scam

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/ab...

Here is Microsoft's warning about the scam

http://www.microsoft.com/security/resources/micros...

or just google Yahoo MSN lottery scam to see how many times this has already been reported

https://www.google.com/search?q=yahoo+msn+lottery+...

Unless you entered its a scam.

Anything you win 'free' is, even scratch cards you get in newspapers and the mail, they all cost loads of money to collect

Yeah well be careful everyone cause these idiots are still at it...haha! And of course they wont stop. They send me a couple of e mails yesterday. This time they had a really pretty gold "Certificate of Insurance" with my name on it and everything..haha! Its pretty funny because they work soooo hard to make it look real and convincing. You know if they actually used that energy in a positive productive way, they just might have a job! Haha! Fools now'a days. But sadly, that's just the world we live in. smh... goodnite folks!

Sorry friend but there is no Microsoft, Yahoo or other e-mail lottery, it's a scam do not answer do not give personal information. the iinternet is safe enough if you are careful but please answer nothing that you are doubtful about.Good Luck and be careful

• WC

Sounds like it to me. I delete such junk.

• ?

Nothing in life is free, except the air you breathe. dont muck with it.

I wish to ask the same question as the user above.

christopherward246@hotmail.com