SC-What's your favorite show with Andy Griffith?

He DIed at the age of 86

RIP Andy

Or Movies

Favorite Answer

RIP Andy, you were and always will be loved by many.

I have a few episodes that stand out, but loved all the episodes that Don Knotts starred in with him. I never could get passed his Andy Taylor character, to enjoy him as lawyer, Matlock. It just didn't seem right to me, to see him in a court room when he should still be in Mayberry dealing with Ernest T Bass and picking his guitar on the front porch. Much love to one of God's latest angels coming home.

added note, yes, his role as sheriff on The Danny Thomas Show I believe was the lead into The Andy Griffith Show.

God bless to his family

Matlock

I was shocked to hear that Andy died!

I know we all have to go, but it seemed like he would last forever!

I loved Mayberry RFD, and Matlock!

The classic No Time For Sargents and TV movie Murder in Texas with Farrah Faucett. My favorite Andy Griffith TV episode was when Andy had to rescue Otis and Barney from those ditzy blondes and their mama. You know the one that says Hello Doll.

RIP Andy and say hello to the Lord for me.

• Marcia

The Andy Griffith Show and Mayberry RFD.

Our childhood heroes are dying. The Andy Griffith Show was a long time favorite of both hubby and myself. Hopefully the cast and others connected with this series are all together in Mayberry which is in Heaven.

Can just hear Don Knotts saying " Welcome home Cousin Andy. I've been waiting for you. "

Perhaps all fans will be able to visit there where we can get some apple pie but avoid the kerosene pickles.

No Time for Sergeants. It's classic. I've seen it many, many times and it still cracks me up.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052005/

This is a very sad day. There is not enough people like him anymore.

RIP Andy Griffith.

"A Face in The Crowd" - 1957. His role in this movie was so different from "No Time For Sergeants". He was great in both of these movies. I also enjoyed "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Matlock".

The "Andy Griffith Show" was one of my favorites growing up.

I loved his interactions with Aunt Bea and Opie as well as with Barney. Andy lived his life the same way he was portrayed in The Andy Griffith Show, a simple life. We all learned from him. He is from my home State, and towns used to really be like that. Life was so simple, and revolved around church, family, and friends. He will be sorely missed here for sure.

Source(s): Me.

No Time for Sergeants, with Don Knotts and Nick Adams. It was really the genesis of his Andy Taylor character. And wasn't he originally on the Danny Thomas show as a small town sheriff whose cousin was the deputy? Took Danny for a lot in fines in a small town speed trap.