should I wait for windows 8 ?

I am in the market to buy a new basic computer. Should I go ahead and buy it now or should I wit for Windows 8 computers? What are the financial and technological implications? Thanks

Favorite Answer

Because Windows 8's user interface is so, apparently, dramatically different than we are used to in previous Windows versions, it would not surprise me in the least that if they wait and kept Windows 7 available and supported for a very long time after Windows 8 is released. Take a look at what happened with Windows XP. Windows XP's lifespan was actually lengthened several times, most dramatically during Windows Vista release.

Vista received such a negative reaction that the only solution Microsoft really had was to continue to support Windows XP for much longer than they had originally planned. And, in fact to this day, Windows XP is still supported - at least security updates and I know it's on just shy of 50% of computers around the world.

So my expectations for Windows 7, since it is has been so significantly better received than Vista, my expectation for Windows 7 is that it will be around for some time to come. So I wouldn't worry about it. So the short answer is get Windows 7; don't hesitate; don't wait for Windows 8.

Windows 8 is set to be released this month and even then I would leave it to the early adopters to work on the problems that it will inevitably have immediately after release but now if you're buying a computer if you want something, throw Windows 7 on there. I just don't have any hesitation at all.

• pinder

If you buy a brand new computer with the goal of putting in Windows eight on it, I incredibly, incredibly advocate making definite you get a computer with a capacitive (multi-contact) contact reveal, as Windows eight's Metro interface (that is what Windows eight defaults to) works such a lot higher with a contact reveal than with a mouse, touchpad, or trackball. While Metro does paintings with a mouse or trackpad, it takes plenty of having used to. Also, from my trying out of the Win8 patron preview, it isn't a lot exceptional than Windows 7 whenever you get beyond the dying of the Start Menu and the delivery of the Metro interface.

Wait for Windows 8. So you still can get updates

windows 8 requirements are the same as for windows 7 so you don`t have to worry

Windows 8 is a crock of ****.

Source(s): I used it.