How to handle and/or deal with a "tortiude" cat?

My cat Missy is yes a Tortoiseshell Cat, and has a big attitude problem. She is fine with me at home, but when I take her to visit her litter-mate that my sister owns, she wants nothing to do with him (he is a black cat with a few white hairs). Very playful and energetic, yet when she is at a 4-H cat show, her... show more My cat Missy is yes a Tortoiseshell Cat, and has a big attitude problem. She is fine with me at home, but when I take her to visit her litter-mate that my sister owns, she wants nothing to do with him (he is a black cat with a few white hairs). Very playful and energetic, yet when she is at a 4-H cat show, her "tortiude" shows. 10% of her coat is white and the rest is just patches of colors with tabby stripes and spotted coloring. What can I do with her, so when she is out in public she will not have a problem. I wonder if it could be that when she is surrond by other cats she doesn't know except for my eldest cat Oreo. She is fixed so it can't be that and not spraying. Give me some ideas so she can be more comfortable when she is out and about.
(PS: I take her to a choir class full of young kids and doesn't seem to have a problem with them except for the youngest who hovers and makes her uncomfortable)
Thanks for reading my question and hopefully you can answer. Plus write out your own cat stories torties or not
1 answer 1