Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Pokemon Gen V hail team?

Cross (Metagross) @ Life Orb

Trait: Clear Body

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Meteor Mash

- Earthquake

- ThunderPunch

- Stealth Rock

Nevos (Abomasnow) (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Snow Warning

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Earthquake

- Blizzard

- Wood Hammer

- Hidden Power [Fire]

Obeyss (Walrein) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Ice Body

EVs: 220 HP / 244 Def / 44 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Substitute

- Protect

- Surf

- Blizzard

Frosty (Froslass) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Snow Cloak

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Thunderbolt

- Blizzard

- Taunt

- Shadow Ball

Lupgent (Lucario) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Steadfast

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Nasty Plot

- Aura Sphere

- Roar

- Dark Pulse

Sakura (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Calm Mind

- Hidden Power [Water]

- Psychic

- Recover

Well the purpose of this is to kill most pokemon (Mainly the opponent's weather summoner) with metagross and Lucario, As they are steel type they can test the opposing team safely and they cover all types for neutral damage and most for super effective

When the opposing team is weak and lost its weather summoner Abomasnow can come to summon and then go away for walrein or frosslass to have some easy time with double regen and highest evassiveness(respectively) and the most accurate STAB blizzard, Abomasnow can still revenge kill

Walrein is also a great stall to finish most pokemon but the ice ones

The only problem is when a fighting or a fire pokemon come in, this is when Latias come in to finish them off and after that I can resume my main strategy

Update:

Change HP water for surf in latias

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You know that is a very good Pokemon. I would change HP water on Latias with surf because it has 95 base power and the calm mind even makes it better. The flaw in your team though is that you plan on covering fighting and fire types with Latias. Pokemon such as Infernape are very commonly known to carry Choice Scarf and HP Ice. So I would recommend switching Walrein with a Vaporeon. I know they don't go well with Hail but that's your only counter for Pokemon such as Infernape. But other than that, your team is actually a pretty solid team. And this is something completely irrelevant but do you wanna battle sometime? My FC is 3396 9839 0978

Source(s): I'm a pretty good wifi battler if I do say so myself
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.