Mark
Mark asked in SportsWrestling · 8 years ago

WWE Makes Bizarre Release?

The situation regarding a release the WWE made today is pretty crazy. The WWE released Armando Estrada. If you're like me, you're going, what the hell? He was still with them? I personally had no freaking clue he was still under contract. He says he'd been under contract for about 18 months, yet he only appearead once, and that was as Tyson Kidd's manager on Superstars in May of 2011. The crazy thing is, he says that the WWE Creative Team was not aware that he was under contract. Apparently, when it was brought to officials' attention that he was still under contract, they cut him. I just thought this whole thing was really weird.

Favorite Answer

I had no idea he had a contract with them. It's weird that the WWE didn't notice either. I think they usually pay really close attention to that stuff.

That IS strange, but not an isolated incident. During the Monday Night Wars there were so many wrestlers constantly going in and out of WCW that sometimes a release slipped through the cracks and went unnoticed by management (who didn't inform the payroll department). Several guys, who had gotten release notices from management, kept receiving paychecks, so they kept coming to work until Eric Bischoff ran into them and said "didn't I fire you?". A few of them just cashed the paychecks but didn't go in to work.

That was typical of the shoddy manner WCW was operated in the late 90's, but Vince runs a very tight ship. Strange that this one went unnoticed for so long.

That is Bizarre, I wonder why WWE had him around all this time!

Source(s): ~The Babe~