Are BPA free bottles heat resistant?

What is BPA free means. I want know practical meaning. Also want to know whether BPA free bottles are resist hot water.

Favorite Answer

BPA is a toxic substance that can sometimes be found in plastics. It is particularly toxic for infants and can potentially hinder brain development. For the full chemical explanation you can go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A. I only use BPA free bottles for my baby and yes, they will resist hot water. The best way to heat a baby's water is to put it in hot water until the temperature of the milk is luke warm--or when you put a drop on your hand it will feel neither hot nor cold. You never want to heat the bottle in the microwave.

It would depend on the bottle. BPA means Bisphenol A- it's a chemical that used to be commonly found in plastic. It was found to have ill effects on health so it's important to get BPA free products, especially for your child. Look at the different bottles- most will tell you they have to be sterilized by boiling before use, so they're probably at least mildly heat resistant, but each bottle will be different.