?

R&S: Is it a Ploy of Some to make Friends on here..Only it is False?

So, do you see that some are doing so because of bad motive? First act friendly, then tell you how wrong your are! Twist things on Y!A so that those younger or more inexperienced ones are taken in... they start off saying they are friends but then start putting down your beliefs. I am seeing that and I was wondering if you are also.

I don't know about all religions or atheists vs religionists,...I just know that seems to happen on here.

I think it has to do with True Worship:

True worshippers are “no part of the world,” are not divided by race or culture, and display ‘love among themselves.’ (John 13:35; 17:16; Acts 10:34, 35)

Rather than killing one another, they are willing to die for one another.—1 John 3:16.

I will quote you AB~ "That doesn't mean that the atheist all of a sudden will embark on warpath against the JWs." And what would be a warpath if you have not been doing so?...doesn't matter really because this is towards everyone on R&S.

I want to thank most of you for your time, effort and most thoughtful and thought-provoking answers. These are some of the best! And I will even email some of you personally about them. Well stated!

Thanks to all of you & a special Thx to Teller who I also am certain of our friendship, Chuck, all scriptures, can't argue that! TJ, thx and I am emailing you, Hadenough, much to think about and I so agree, All of you have proven wise on this question. We need to have a sound mind on our association and realize like TJ it is Satan that is trying to trick us all the time.

Best Answer

I left the forum for some time and back again, this was happening than and still happening now.

Don't be mistaken that it's just the young or inexperience who are pulled into these phonies ploy. That would be a big mistake. These phonies they take advantage of our weaknesses -- using flattery often, seeing our loneliness, insecurity, poor health. a want to fit in, to be liked, to be thought of as special, status, our want to be helpful, or simple ignorance. The only thing more important to these con artist phonies than perfecting a con is getting what he or she wants. It's their own pride and selfishness that motivates them

I knew a few who wanted to befriend me just to get me away from others they didn't like.

They aren't usually a shady-looking or sounding character. These phonies from experience are expert at looking however they needs to look or sound. That they learn well in life.

The bible tells us not to look at the outside how someone looks or sounds but to look deep inside. Their values and sincerity to Godly things and ways. Yet shallowly we forget this advise. Take for instance Obama (not getting political here just an example as most know who he is) He won a bit on being a good talker not because of his experience or his character. He would have lost if we were judging on those right things. Most in office would not have been there if people judged on real character and the values they have showed.

Moses knew some wouldn't listen to him just because he didn't talk well. Yet people seem to forget he did have wisdom and better reasoning ability than most.

King David, many didn't want as king at first, he wasn't impressive enough for the people. Yet God found his heart to be right.

I'm a boss of several business, many kiss up to me, and try to impress me, with things perhaps like their education (and I have know some good talking educated idiots). I'm not taken in easy. And I find I don't care for them much.. And I'm not out to impress anyone neither. We don't need to be "putting on airs" to appear nicer, more caring, smart. If we are all that it will show in our reasoning ability. In the way we act. To often I have seen someone with ego and feels he is intelligent will point out flaws in others who don't speak or write as a lack of intelligence, when it isn't. (I myself have a Secretary who does that for me, except for here, and she is smart as a whip there and I would hate to be without her, but she doesn't care to make the quick decisions I must often. Together we are a good team both with strengths and weaknesses. I think the bible mentions that too with those in the faith, together one plants, one waters)

Long words, deep philosophies may sound more intelligent at time to some, but they’re not necessarily the best choice when trying to communicate effectively or of judging one's character. Shows of caring doesn't mean caring, the Pharisee made big shows of devotion.

But phonies love image and that's a good sign to spot one. And they will give what you like if you return what they like. And when you stop than often things change. It's a bad choice to cater in any way to them

One should use discernment there are many who are false friends. Why waste our time with them?

And I'm going to add sometimes I look to see who ones friends/contacts are if possible. Rather I care to even listen much to what they say might depend some on that. Although Jesus may have called the sinners to him to repent, he didn't hang around long with them waiting for them to change. A man's growth is seen in the successive choirs of his friends. Why anyone would keep some that they do or add some as friends makes me wonder about them. I start seeing some picking up with phonies or flamers I wonder whats going on in their life that they need this. And I start to wonder if their even worth listening to much.

Yes, it comes up in court cases often. Many in a clique will target someone or a group and they (or one) will act friendly on one hand just get information to use against them, trap them in some way, or give to others to use against them. They can act really friendly but their motives are deceptive.

Not uncommon at all

It's a high school mentality in a way. They made movies on such who lure a victim in some way one or another acting friendly.

Many people here haven't had this many contacts since high school and some go right back into that kind of behavior.

Cyber bullies are notorious for using extra ids to pull this off as well.

AND, take note what I say here, because I have seen it often, Being friendly is a good way to cause doubts in other people's minds even "slyly" which gives some a feeling of having influence and power, some do enjoy that. Didn't Satan? Satan was often friendly to those he wanted to temp just throwing in a bit of doubt here and there. A very good trick because it works often.

It happens here more than people think.

False

• Friendship is usually out of understanding each other and having things in common. When someone starts acting friendly to me and they don't even know me as a person, I automatically get suspicious. It does sound like some sort of ploy.

noun

1.

a maneuver or stratagem, as in conversation, to gain the advantage.

Synonyms

1. tactic, ruse, subterfuge, wile, gambit.

Then you look at the word ruse:

se (ruːz)

— n

an action intended to mislead, deceive, or trick; stratagem

[C15: from Old French: trick, esp to evade capture, from ruser to retreat, from Latin recūsāre to refuse]

And you can see what some of them are up to and be wise!

Yes, I agree with you that there are some very deceitfully people on this site. A lot of people are open game on her, because lack of knowledge or no knowledge. They make R/S a folly. Religion is a very serious matter with some of us and have dedicated our lives to our religion.I don't feel that some people have a concept of true Worship/ One thing I am certain of is the friends I have made here are my true friends. We all talk the same spiritual language and are one in purpose. There are those who you think because of their comments share the same faith but in actuality your just piece of bait waiting to instill false teachings at us.

I can think of many I have seen in my day who do that. Blogs are filled with stuff on phoney friends.

Atheists B. Why have a friend who is a total butt to others religion, are you that desperate for contacts? One can have friend without sharing their belief system but buttheads are not good company even for an Atheist.

• Chuck

I hope that these scriptures help you in answering your question...

Romans 16:17 Now I exhort YOU, brothers, to keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that YOU have learned, and avoid them. 18 For men of that sort are slaves, not of our Lord Christ, but of their own bellies; and by smooth talk and complimentary speech they seduce the hearts of guileless ones.

2 Th. 2: 3 Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.

1 Co.3:18 Let no one be seducing himself: If anyone among YOU thinks he is wise in this system of things, let him become a fool, that he may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God; for it is written: “He catches the wise in their own cunning.” 20 And again: “Jehovah knows that the reasonings of the wise men are futile.

Mat. 7:15 “Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits YOU will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they?

Were deep into the last days & Satan knows his time is very short... Take care! :)

I've never seen that happen.

QUESTIONING or DOUBTING is not the same as putting down one's beliefs. Certain people and/or groups on this site need to lighten up and do the following:

1. Get a sense of humor

2. Not be so sensitive

3. Realize that doubts and questions are not equal to persecution.

4. One can have friends of different beliefs without sharing that belief system. Say for example an atheist is friends with an "apostate" JW. That's okay. That doesn't mean that the atheist all of a sudden will embark on warpath against the JWs. Diversity is good.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201207...

I have been sitting here for a while thinking about how to answer this, this most interesting and intriguing and challenging question of yours. The link above is a question that I just answered a few minutes ago, and the reason I answered it first even though I saw your question first is that I wanted to give myself some time to think. My knee-jerk response to your question was that yes, there probably are some people who will use that ploy, but the more I think about it the more I question that. Sometimes I wish I could let the world into my heart for just a few minutes and let everyone see things through my eyes. There is a part of me that thinks that it would change the world overnight. But then I stop and think, who better than the Son of God could we pick to try to see through His eyes? Was there a more perfect example of love for humankind? And yet look at how long it took after His life before the love that He exhibited really took hold? And even after it took hold, look at all the atrocities that were committed by those who claimed to be His followers?

I brought up that other question because your question, and thinking about your question, colored my answer to that one. Up to you, but you may want to take a look at that one because your question did impact it.

The more I think about this question the more I realize I honestly do not know how to respond to this. My heart says no, no one would ever stoop to that level. And then I stop and think about all the things that happened throughout history and my head says yes, it does happen. It is a bit ironic that you should ask this question so soon after there were two things that I wrote, one night before last and one yesterday afternoon, both of them messages I sent to someone via email. Both of the messages shared my heart with someone that I have never met in person. Both of them indicated the love that I have for all of humanity. And while I could go on and maybe even see if one of them would submit an answer doing a copy and paste of my words, this is not about me, is about you.

And the fact is I honestly do not know how to answer you. I could tell you to follow your heart, but sometimes our heart can fool us. I remember telling someone who is very near and dear to me to follow his heart, and if he did I can only shake my head. I guess all I can offer is a bit of advice and something to consider. If someone is going to be a true friend, then they are going to be in it for the long haul. If you have a friendship with someone, it is only natural that you wish to share your beliefs with them and if you think that you are in possession of a truth that they fail to see, it is only natural that you want them to see it through your eyes. But the mark of a true friendship is to remain friends even when the differences remain. And I guess what it boils down to is sometimes we just have to take a chance. Jesus loved us with the greatest love of all. He opened up his heart and offered friendship to all. His heart was broken and sometimes ours will be also. And although there may be some who have claimed to offer a friendship to me when in fact they have ulterior motives, and although it may hurt if I find that to be true, that will not stop the caring.

There are sometimes rules about not discussing politics and religion with friends or at social situations, because people have so many different opinions and beliefs that they are passionate and defensive about, they sometimes argue and get upset.

• S.E.B

There are some who will start a friendship with the specific aim to use that frienshiop to pressure the person to change.

It's cowardly, it's unethical, it's bullying.

.

Source(s): Just moi.