Alaina
Alaina asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 9 years ago

how much should i spend on my reception?

I am a little on the broke side at the moment so my fiance and I decided we were going to do a small wedding in someones backyard and a somewhat big reception. I have no idea how many people will actually go but how much food should I make? I plan on making pulled pork sandwiches, with chips, veggies, fresh fruit, and cupcakes. We also plan on a keg. what would be a safe way to approach this>

• Poodie
    Favorite Answer

If you're broke, you should have a small ceremony AND a small reception. The reception is what costs money, and it would be rude to invite guests to only half of the event.

That said, not knowing how many people you plan to invite, it's hard to say how much food you should provide. If it's around thirty, plan on two sandwiches per person, and two to three trays of fruits and vegetables. I would provide about three to four bags of chips, and enough cupcakes for everyone to have at least one. One keg should be enough. Good luck and congratulations. :)

P.S.- Don't forget to add some dips and it would be a nice idea to add some cheese and crackers, as well as cold cuts or pepperoni.

• Erika

Here are my strategies. I believe it is surely inside purpose. one million- Cut your visitor record up to you'll be able to. Don't invite any person you do not talk to most likely, except aunts and uncles. Don't invite coworkers, and do not invite random peers. I do not know any person who needs they'd invited extra men and women to their marriage ceremony. Think of it this fashion: in case your reception is $one hundred a head, ask your self if it is rather valued at that so much cash to have that character there? If no longer, do not invite them. two- Consider a Friday night time or Sunday marriage ceremony. Most locations will provide you a reduction for those dates. Also, July and August are well for reductions (a minimum of right here within the northeast, besides) three- Check out eating places and different option websites that you just would no longer take into account for a marriage ceremony. One of the quality weddings I ever attended used to be in a restaruant- we had the entire situation to ourselves, and the meals used to be tremendous. We had a alternative of six entrees, and we had the potential to make our decision on the desk, alternatively of six weeks prematurely. four- Don't be tempted to pay money for plenty of nonsense stuff. Honestly, the foremost matters are the meals/drink, images, and also you and your husband having a exceptional time. No one rather cares approximately favors, bubbles, desk cameras, etc. It's effortless to get wrapped up in those little matters, however they are rather no longer crucial in any respect, and the ones charges upload up quick. I had many men and women inform me that our marriage ceremony used to be one of the crucial quality they'd ever attended, and the purpose they gave used to be that they might inform that my husband and I had been ecstatic. We had a exceptional time the entire day. That is valued at greater than just about something else, think me. It's a occasion- if you're there capable to have fun, each person can have a exceptional time. Good success.

• Joe T

Get some finger foods..pigs in a blanket some chicken fingers...make some hamburger sliders..water...potato chips,