Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 9 years ago

The Habs sign Carey Price to a 6-year $39 million contract extension,thoughts?

The Habs will be set in goal for the next 6 years after locking up Price to a $39 million contract. The deal carries a $6.5 million annual cap hit.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The only other Goaltenders that earn more now are Rinne and Lundqvist.

I'm glad that Montreal re-signed (He is one of the few strong players they have to build on), Price is a solid goaltender, and will likely have a long career as such. That being said, 6.5kk for 6 years is severely overpaying for Price.

I imagine this is a result of good goaltending being in high demand at the moment. No doubt Toronto, Tampa Bay and others would have been willing to steal Price away had Montreal not locked him up for a high-paying contract.

It is not as if Price would want to stay with the Montreal Canadiens for any other reason than salary, as they are currently in ruins and will not likely be seeing the playoffs for a long long time...

• 9 years ago

He needed to stay in Montreal. That is a piece you can truly build around. It may be an overpay but you can thank the Jets and Pavelec for setting the market

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The habs had to sign him but i think they could have given him a little less money.

• 9 years ago

He was one of the few bright spots in Montreal, they need to keep him. Good contract

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Good goalie, reasonable contract

• Too much in my opinion. Third among goaltenders? No. He's solid, he is not worth that much.

• 9 years ago

A little too much but still a good idea to resign him

• 9 years ago

He deserves it, He's gonna lead us back to the playoffs. Gomez is out next.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Do you announce every FA signing and trade? Believe it or not, we're capable of figuring it out on our own.

• 9 years ago

hes not deserving of that contract. he had a losing record last year, and they give him a 6.5 million dollar cap hit?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.