Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
How to make meat loaf !?
My mom is prego and she really wants me to make her some meat loaf , im 15 years old and i want a simple recipe (: pls help !!
- ?Lv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
since you don't have a lot of experience you need to keep it simple.
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
1 lb lean ground meat
1 medium onion minced (chopped really small)
2 cloves garlic minced
If you want to get adventurous you can add any or all of the following ingredients but they are not necessary
2 small jalapeno seeded and minced
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste. It is OK to taste a very small piece of the meat for seasoning.
Scrub your hands and mix all of the ingredients together. Do not over work the meat - it is not playdo.
Put the mixture in a loaf pan. Set the loaf pan on a cookie sheet that you have covered with foil.
Bake on the middle rack for 45 minutes.
If you want a little tomato taste mix 2 tbsp tomato paste with 1 tsp water and spread over the top after 30 minutes.
Serve with a fresh salad and boiled new potatoes tossed with butter and fresh parsley - salt and pepper.
Your Mom is lucky to have such a good kid.
- PiemanLv 79 years ago
there are different kinds of meat loafs, bugt here's a recipe that has always worked for me:
(but first grease a loaf pan, and heat the oven to 350f.
MOTEHR'S MEAT LOAF:
Mix 1 pkg ground beef or ground turkey
1/3 cup chopped onion
8 0unces tomato sauce
1 egg sliightly beaten
1 cup cracker crumbs
1 tesp salt
1/4 cup pepper.
Shake into loaf, and put into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Serves 4.
- Anonymous9 years ago
1 envelope Onion Soup Mix
2 lbs. ground beef
3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs*
3/4 cup water
2/3 cup chopped green and/or red bell pepper
1/3 cup ketchup
Preheat oven to 350Â°. Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
Shape into loaf in 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan.
Bake uncovered 1 hour or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving
- Anonymous9 years ago
Meatloaf: -Beef and Bean
(By Dune 10/8/11)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
250g beef mince
450g sausage meat
Â½C Fresh breadcrumbs
420g can Baked Beans
2T Worcestershire Sauce
Â½t Dried thyme
handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
2T Tomato Sauce
1. Lightly grease a 23cm x 13cm loaf tin. Preheat the oven to 180Â°C or 160Â°C fan assisted.
2. Cook the onion and garlic in a dash of oil over medium heat until the onion softens. Remove from heat and place in a bowl to cool.
3. Add beef mince, sausage meat, breadcrumbs, Baked Beans, Worcestershire Sauce, thyme and parsley and mix together until well combined.
4. Turn meat mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Press mixture firmly into the tin and smooth the top. Cover with foil (shiny side down).
5. Bake meatloaf for 45 minutes. Remove foil and brush the top with Wattie’s Tomato Sauce. Return to the oven and cook a further 5 minutes until top is glazed.
6. Drain off any fat residue and allow to rest in the tin for 10 minutes to firm up before turning out onto a serving plate. Cut into thick slices. Serve with creamy mashed potato, seasonal vegetables and extra tomato sauce.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 9 years ago
What pieman said, except use two eggs. Mix well. Pick up all the meat and form it into a ball, then form it into a football shape. Try to seal up the holes on the outside of the loaf to keep it moist. Chop the onions very fine, about 1/8th inch.
- CindyLv 49 years ago
EASY AS IT GETS:
Ground meat (Turkey is leaner) (1 pound)
seasonings of your choice ( i love putting salt, black pepper, freshly minced onions and garlic, oregano, thyme)
Bread Crumbs (1 cup)
egg (1 large egg)
Mix all these together and put it in a loaf pan
then bake it at 350 degrees for 1 hour
Remember that one pound will give alot so you may want to average for correct portions.