Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 8 years ago

Power supply integration with LabVIEW?

I would like to integrate my power supply with LabVIEW.

What I want to do is have LabVIEW give a high or low signal to the power supply which enables a system.

I tried finding drivers but I wasnt able to find anything. Does anyone know if this unit could be used on conjuction with LabVIEW?

QUAKKO HY3005DP 32V/5A/160W

Programable DC power supply

Thanks a lot

What I want to do is the power supply to enable a high or low signal. The power supply will be on. I just need everything to be automated depending on a timer that is setup within LabVIEW.

Essentially, what I want LabVIEW to do is enable the ouput form the power supply, then from a specified timer, it will disable the ouput. All this in a while loop until its told to stop

Favorite Answer

It sounds like you're trying to turn systems off and on with your program. It might be easier to control an op-amp or some other "electronic switch" to enable the power rather than trying to turn the whole power supply on. have the "switch" control a relay that handles the actual current of the circuit.

There is a forum on National Instruments site for developers of LabView that you may find better help:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/mess...