Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 8 years ago

Power supply integration with LabVIEW?

I would like to integrate my power supply with LabVIEW.

What I want to do is have LabVIEW give a high or low signal to the power supply which enables a system.

I tried finding drivers but I wasnt able to find anything. Does anyone know if this unit could be used on conjuction with LabVIEW?

QUAKKO HY3005DP 32V/5A/160W

Programable DC power supply

Thanks a lot

Update:

What I want to do is the power supply to enable a high or low signal. The power supply will be on. I just need everything to be automated depending on a timer that is setup within LabVIEW.

Essentially, what I want LabVIEW to do is enable the ouput form the power supply, then from a specified timer, it will disable the ouput. All this in a while loop until its told to stop

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It sounds like you're trying to turn systems off and on with your program. It might be easier to control an op-amp or some other "electronic switch" to enable the power rather than trying to turn the whole power supply on. have the "switch" control a relay that handles the actual current of the circuit.

There is a forum on National Instruments site for developers of LabView that you may find better help:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/mess...

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.