Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 8 years ago

where can i find good cold water fish tank for two goldfish cheap?

i have two goldfish and i would like them to have a bigger home, anyone know where i can get a cheap fish tank from? preferably glass?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The pet store :))

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

1. Go to Yahoo Groups : http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/

2. Search Freecycle and your area

3. Sign up to your area

4. See what people are donating in your area

*Freecycle is worldwide as far as I can tell - join your local area, you will have to fill out a short request form to say your not a business or organisation that could profit from getting free stuff (donations) - then usually after about 24 hrs if you are accepted by the moderator for your area (depending on how you answered) you can post - you 'OFFER' things you are willing to give away and make posts then people email you asking if they can have your gift and some people will tell you (at great length :) why they think it should be them - you get to see patterns if your a regular user.

Then you can also search for certain things or look down the list and then you can ask for things too Literally almost anything can be gifted, and some areas allow pets etc too.

I got an emergency fish tank from the one for an area I use to live a few years back all you have to do is agree to collect and turn up! (nothing worse than accepting someone for a gift then they do not turn up to collect it)

Good Luck!

• Pamela
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Flea markets, yard sales.

To get a tank big enough for two goldfish to live in,

that is the only way to go.

You will need a 55-100 gallon tank, to start.

• 8 years ago

I would check on craigslist, you can often find people's unwanted used fishtanks. For two goldfish, I would recomend a minimum of a 30 gallon tank. obviously since goldfish are coldwater fish, look for a tank with out a heater to save money.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

You could try eBay, thrift stores or yard sales. Going this route will be getting a used tank, so I'd clean it thoroughly, let it dry and re-seal with silicone before trying to set up. Also try classified advertisements. Good luck!

• Ysbeth
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

If you have Craigslist in the UK I would reccomend starting there. They usually have large tanks on there.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

im no fishy expert except eating battered cod from the chippy, but here is a site that may be able to help you

http://www.thegoldfishbowl.co.uk/index.php?pg=144

hope this can help, you can contact them to.

• ?
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Second hand stores or yard sales is your best bet.

• 8 years ago

Op shops, ebay, amazon, dino direct :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.