Christians why did you burned library of Alexandria?

You destroyed biggest record of the history and knowledge of ancient times by burning the library. We could have learned so much from information documented there. It was biggest set back to the humanity.

Who gives you right to plunder and destroy things which are not accordance to your dumb book. Aren't you people nothing more than ruthless savages?

Update:

@Vulken

Read the history.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike K
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Hello,

Boy oh boy, best read up on your history and pan learning from some of the movies. The Library of Alexandria was destroyed about 48 years before Christ was born by Julius Caesar's forces. Caesar accidentally burned the library down when he set fire to his own ships to frustrate Achillas' attempt to limit his ability to communicate by sea during his escapades with Cleopatra etc.

Cheers,

Michael Kelly.

• e w
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I suggest that you research it.

The famed Library of Alexandria reportedly burned in 48 B.C., years before Christianity existed. It was burned supposedly as an accident when Julius Caesar ordered his ships burned in the harbor at Alexandria.

• 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure all those Christians are dead. But, since you worship the devil, I'm sure you will have a chance to ask them when you are all in hell together.

Or, you'll just rot in the ground and won't have the conscience to care anymore. So, win/win.

Source(s): atheist
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

In a nutshell: when pagan temples were outlawed, the Library of Alexandria - which included several pagan shrines or temples - was destroyed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

None of the Christians living today had anything to do with that.

• Vulken
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

No, I thought the Romans did it before they were Christians...

• 7 years ago

Sorry about that, I won't do it again, I promise. I had to much wine.

• 7 years ago

I would have shot them on sight. and gotten looked up to for it too. anyone could have, cops should have been there.

• That was when I smoked, and I had lost my lighter.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Because knowledge and education is religion's biggest enemy.

Source(s): ************************************** TDs mean you've upset someone who's supposed to be forgiving and love their neighbor.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.