im buying a house so how long does Closing take?

Hi,

Im buying a house in Long Island and i would like to know how long closing takes. I will buy the house with an FHA loan. How long does closing take with popular banks (Bank of America) and nonpopular banks (Chinatrust Bank). Also how much will closing be about? (Banks are an example)

Thank You

Update:

Also will the closing duration decrease because i have children who need to go to Middle School/High School and they need to be registered into the schools.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Usually 30-60 days. Your contract actually should have a date specified on it. If it is a short sale it could take 6 months. Your kids schooling will have no bearing on it whatsoever.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

sometimes at the same time as some a million's renting a pllace & it is going on the mkt sometimes ppl don't have the $$$ 2 pass everywhere. i'd locate out what that $$$ difficulty is & attempt 2 help the guy locate perfect aspects that ought to help so as that they don't finally end up homeless. sometimes an employer that delivers condo asst can help pass some a million who's in an emergency difficulty. a million aspect i must entice close, R u needing 2 stay contained in the domicile yerself, or employ it out??? r u certain u do not want 2 make X-Tra earnings through persevering with the condo difficulty??? that employ $$$ CAN & pays 4 yer loan, reducing the probabilities of u experiencing 4-closure L8r. having a renter ought to teach 2 B the perfect aspect that ever exceeded off 2 that prop. u can evaluate letting yer renter pay the deepest loan via the employ $$$. at present all of us want X-Tra $$$ 2 proceed to exist. i'd fairly imagine this over B4 making a huge determination that ought to backfire on u L8r

• 8 years ago

Push your Bank & Escrow Company to close your deal as soon as possible. They can do it quicker if they are not lazy or put your deal off.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I looked for a new home, bought it, and closed on it in a couple of months.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

3-6 mo

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.