Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

As Salāmu Alaikum can a White Man from the United States of America of Northern European Ancestry like myself?

As Salāmu Alaikum can a White Man from the United States of America of Northern European Ancestry like myself who has converted/reverted to Islam am I allowed to marry a Muslim Woman who is Arab or Pakistani or Asian or any darker skinned race ? Is interracial marriage halal or haram ? By the way I did not convert to Islam just for a Woman I just want to know.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

O mankind! Lo! We have created you male and female, and have made you nations and tribes that ye may know one another. Lo! the noblest of you, in the sight of Allah, is the best in conduct. Lo! Allah is Knower, Aware Surah al-Hujurat (49:13)

This meaning of the this verse is echoed in the final speech of the Messenger in which he says:

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. You know that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not astray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

So the issue of race is irrelavent to Muslims. We are all brothers and sisters.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Wa'alaikum As'Salaam.

Yes, you can marry any Muslim woman, regardless of what her race is.

Interracial marriages are perfectly fine and halal.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

yes it 100% ok the prophet Muhammad (saw) encouraged interracial marriages

second

4:3 And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice].

Source(s): Qur'an
  • Moona
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

sure and Islam encourages interracial marriages

"We have created you male and female, and have made you nations and tribes that you may know one another.." 49:13

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

you will be so lucky if you could marry an arabic girl:P........prophet muhammad put rules on how choosing your wife.....religious woman is your best way to get a good life:)

oh i forgot wa alaikum al salam brother.

Source(s): iraqi girl:P
  • 7 years ago

they won't accept you completely unless you were born into the faith and you can record it clear back. Sorry. Though if you have read their holy book you should know this.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

take care of yourself, you are wrong path

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKyQxI1Q3UU

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.