Replacing light switch: 1 red and 2 black wires on the wall (both hot). How to connect them?

I am replacing a light switch that previously controlled a ceiling light and fan. It now controls just a light fixture. On the wall I see a black wire coming in from the top and a red and black wires coming in from the bottom. They all seem to be hot. I attached the red wire to one of the screws on the switch... show more I am replacing a light switch that previously controlled a ceiling light and fan. It now controls just a light fixture.

On the wall I see a black wire coming in from the top and a red and black wires coming in from the bottom. They all seem to be hot.

I attached the red wire to one of the screws on the switch and both black ones to the other screw. The light works, but I am unable to turn it off.

How can I properly install this switch?