Moving to Australia from United States?

In about 2 years, I want to attend college in Australia, and I currently live in the United States. I am curious how this will work. How many hours is the flight without layovers? Do I have to have a layover or can I go straight there on one flight? I have pets I want to bring on board in the cabin, will this work?... show more In about 2 years, I want to attend college in Australia, and I currently live in the United States. I am curious how this will work. How many hours is the flight without layovers? Do I have to have a layover or can I go straight there on one flight? I have pets I want to bring on board in the cabin, will this work? The pets are guinea pig(s) and ferret(s). Can I get scholarships going to another country?
If there is anymore information you can give me, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!