Reddit vs 9gag which is better?

I know very little about this matter but I have been reading rage comics for about a month and I've heard a lot of reddit references. Can you explain what both sites are? Also my brother said something about 9gag stealing from reddit but I've also saw something about how reddit steals from 9gag. Im seriously confused. Can you explain it to me?

Favorite Answer

I am a redditor, so I am biased. But I will tell you the legend as I know it...

In the beginning there was 4chan.org. It was a magical place where people of all types could come and post *literally* anything they want as long as it wasn't illegal. Many a lulz were to be had with 4chan, but soon, 4chan became dark. The 4chan people love this darkness, it is their way of life. Only the strongest of the newcomers could stomach the relentless onslaught of dark humor.

One day, enough people gathered together and said, "You know, I wish I could have the lulz of 4chan, but without all the crazies". And thus reddit was born. Reddit could be likened to a great industrial city, it has nice roads, but it also has its seedy underside. You could imagine then Reddit could be Orlando, and 4chan, Miami. Eventually a rivalry broke and the 4chaners and redditors began claiming rights over the lulz they have created. They have been locked in a war ever since.

Then, along comes 9Gag. If 4chan, and reddit can agree on one thing, its that 9Gag is a worthless scumb heap only fit for infantile adults with herpes for eyes. 9Gag has come to our lands and stolen our original lulz and claims the glory for themselves.

So behold, should you choose to side with 9Gag, you will choose to side with death.

Bottom line:

4chan = hilarious, very intellectually intelligent, VERY original, but batshit insane

reddit = hilarious,very grammatically intelligent, somewhat original, but not nearly as batshit insane.

9GAG = stupid ********* who don't know how to do anything but eat their own **** and steal everyone elses.

Edit: Take note, many redditors browse 4chan, and vise versa. BUT NEVER EVER 9GAG.

• toranome7 years agoReport

You, sir, just made my day!

Reddit 9gag

Reddit

9gag isn't that bad, you guys have not just tried it. If it came before reddit or 4chan it would be waayyyy better

• Okay. So there's a war going on the internet. Basically, there was cute little rivalries. 4chan vs Reddit vs Funnyjunk vs tumblr vs Digg. K. 4chan is my favorite, but is very dark. Reddit is the lighter side, more memes less assholes. Funnyjunk and Digg are watered down version of Reddit. Then came 9gag. And pretty much just ruined everything. A lot of newfags there. They steal from Reddit and 4chan. Mainly Reddit's memes and 4chan's Anon and memes. Funnyjunk and Digg steal, but don't claim. So they're neutral you could say. So, 9gag is is basically stealing everything and claiming everything. As well as printing tees and mugs and **** of memes. So, 4chan and Reddit got pissed. While Reddit just looks down on them. 4chan, primarily /b/ are furious and are declaring war with them. Anyways. It goes 9gag<<<cancer<digg<funnyjunk<tumblr<<<Reddit<<4chan.

"I am a redditor, so I am biased, 4chan = hilarious, very intellectually intelligent, VERY original, but batshit insane

9GAG = stupid ********* who don't know how to do anything but eat their own **** and steal everyone elses. " Best quote

• Neither.

Both are terrible.

4chan is master race

• 6 years agoReport

Soonic stop being a *******.

reddit sucks a bad of #$@$@##$@

I don't know much about that , but I do know that 9gag and 4chan were " stealing " from reddit , and personally I LOVE LOVE LOVE, reddit wayyyy better