?

Christians: Do you really believe a donkey can talk?

Well you kinda have too since its in your Bible! Numbers 22:28-30

Moral of that story is don't beat animals, they will have a Dr Phil moment and tell you it hurt his feelings!

So lets be honest here, out of all the fairy takes I think Aladdin and little Mermaid makes more since. Why do you actually believe this stuff?

Favorite Answer

The one from Shreck talks

• NDMA

Nobody supposes this is a natural event... that would truly be moronic! The only thing I can think of that is more moronic than that, is for you to think that Christians would think that the event you are referring to is a natural event.

Miracles by definition are supernatural events. Moreover if they were natural events, there would be no way for a person to recognize something as a miracle! God created the entire universe, the complexity of life, making a donkey talk, that would be child's play.

The long and short of it is you have one faith based world view. I Christians have another faith based world view:

Your would view "Materialism" is that there is nothing outside of the natural world and you have put your faith in the proposition that some day science will have an answer for everything.. the evidence is forthcoming. So your faith is in humans (scientists) and undiscovered evidence.

The Christian world view acknowledges there is the Material Realm (the natural world) that operates under a very strict set of laws that can be objectively discerned, quantified and verified. There is also a spiritual realm This is immaterial in nature and operates under a different set of rules that are not as easily discerned but just as real. The Christian world view has faith that there is a spiritual realm and that there is a being in that spiritual realm we call God.

The difference between the two world views:

There is a realm where the natural laws do not necessarily apply and miracles (events that seeming violate the laws of the Classical Universe) happen all the time. The discovery of this realm (the quantum realm and those dimensions of time-space that unify the quantum realm with the material realm) validates the assertion of the Christian world view that there is more than just the material world, that this other realm is immaterial, and that this other realm does not appear to operate under the same laws as the material realm.

The Materialistic world view is contradicted by the very existence of the quantum realm. Given that for all intents and purposes your world view has been debunked - you don't have a lot of room to be criticizing the Christian World view, Especially considering the Christian World View predicted the existence of what we now call the quantum realm while your world view denied the possibility of such a realm.

I ask you to read the story in context and see what a funny and great piece of literature it really is.

First there really was a priest named Balaam, in a museum in Jordon there are records from a pagan temple that name him. He was rather important. Some of the terms in the ancient vernacular are insulting idioms with a double entendre. "beating ones donkey" is just about what it would mean today.

Do animals talk, I had a horse that refused to walk over one area of a stables. She would balk, neigh and cuss me out in "horse" One day a small truck drove over that area and dropped into an old septic tank. If that had been me and the horse we would have been injured..dumb horse was not so dumb. My cat will tell me I am late for work, and my dog tells me when we need to go for a walk.

God could make the donkey talk if He chose to. What people heard was a voice coming from the donkey. Did the donkey actually talk or was it just God's voice coming from the donkey. When Moses went up on Mt. Sinai God spoke to him from a cloud. Have you ever seen a ventriloquist act with a dummy and it seemed like the dummy was actually doing the talking.

• ?

Do you believe a snake can go in a strait line, very fast with out any legs?

If you dont believe a donky can talk then you probably dont,

it was an angle that did the talking, READ THE BIBLE.

Obviously it shouldn`t be taken literally. That is how psychopaths are made. If that stuff was real, then I`m counting on it to be in a separate dimension, not so far from our own. We have to find the message left inside the bible and interpret right and wrong for ourselves.

Normally, donkeys can't talk. For one to do so would have to be some sort of miracle.

Fortunately for the story, the incident is depicted as some sort of miracle, so the story is consistent with what we know of donkeys.

Sure! And a snake and a shrub.

And a virgin can conceive, and a dead man can live again and walk on water.

Don't be silly.

• as you do not acknowledge that God is The Creator and can do with His creation what he sees fit...... why should I even consider that you would accept any honest answer that might be offerd........... but I will give you the short version anyway............ a donkey.... or a rock... or even and atheist... can talk if God wants it to talk

Source(s): God

god made that donkey talk only

the bible is not a fairy tale