senior citizen supplement medical insurance in pa.?

senior citizen maybe moving to mount carmel pa. my insurance doesn't doesn't cover me there. Does anyone know what insurance companies are there. I have medicare but I can't keep my keystone 65, I have to look for a new company. Who would I get in touch with, I would also have to change doctors and Hospital. what health insurance I can get is the deciding factor if I move there.

• Zarnev
    Favorite Answer

Kestone 65 is from Blue Cross. There are several Blue Cross plans in Mount Carmel, plus there are several other major companies available with over 30 different plans. Advantra, Humana and Today's Options are all good companies. Geisinger is not familiar to me since I don't work in PA. You'll want to speak with someone that is familiar with all of the plans and can work with you to find the best one. First call the agent that sold you the Keystone plan; maybe they can help you when you move or they can refer you to someone who can. If that fails try this website: http://www.planprescriber.com/partners/Alliance/?a... This company (ehealth) is a Knowledge Partner on this site and can help.

Source(s): Independent Ägent
  • Kini

You look on the Medicare site and find the supplemental plans that are in the new area. You can switch when you move even though normally you would be able to do so until October. Use this link to find a Medigap policy in the new city.

Sorry to say but her only options would be medicaid or medicare. No private insurance will want to have an 82 year old on the books , even with perfect health. Their charge for coverage would be prohibitive. The rate on national average not on individual health.

You're going to need to find a local agent in the Mt. Carmel area to give you local advice. You can ask your current agent for a referral, or look one up at www.iiaba.net by zip code.

Your best option would be to check which insurance is accepted at the hospital you'll be using. Obviously you'd want it to be in network if you're going to have HMO or PPO insurance.