Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Sam H
Lv 4
Sam H asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 9 years ago

Why are some NASCAR fans in denial?

Why are some fans in denial that Dale Jr is actually doing well this season? Now I'm not saying that Dale jr is going to win many more races, or is a certain threat for the championship, but he is legitely being tonnes more competitive this year than any other year, but yet some fans just don't see it.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Junior is awesome this year, and he's fun to watch. He is running strong at the end of each race, and is looking like a threat for a championship. I have also seen some comments from stupid Facebook users, and they were hating on Junior (Facebook is gay) I have a tough time admitting that I would rather see Junior do better than Brad. But I sure like seeing Junior run up front. It's like a slap in the face to those fans "in denial". And by the end of the season the laugh will be on them, when their face is all bruised and battered, from the beat-down they're going to take from getting all their ignorant comments coming back to destroy their credibility as a NASCAR fan.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

It is not about denial. If you throw out the two Father's Day wins at Michigan where NASCAR cheated to let him win on Father's Day, the real streak is at around 225 starts without a win. This loser who has only won 4 races in 8 years and two of those were with NASCAR help, is shoved down your throat as the greatest racer ever. It is ridiculous for a sport to have the most popular athlete be an athlete that does not win

That is the big problem with Dale Jr, and NASCAR. As long as two losers like Dale Jr. and Danica are over hyped like they are the sport will continue to lose fans, and good drivers that people would like to see race are not given the chance because NASCAR is all about the loser twins Danica and Dale Jr. all the time. Outside of " the nation" nobody gives a flip about Dale Jr, because he does not win. In America we like winners. I hope that helped explain it too

• Jay
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Apparently it only took Jr 4 years and a few different crew chiefs to figure out how to drive a Hendrick Chevrolet. At least now he's earning his paycheck.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Becuz before he won Michigan (fuel mileage race) four years ago his winless streak would have been around 216. He drives like a pu$sy. He has none of the intimidation his father or any other great racer has such as Smoke or Rowdy(dont say Rowdy isnt great when u can grind Daytona at 190mph twice and not crash ur great) Jr has spun himself out to get back on the lead lap, and it took the Batmobile to win a race after 4 years. Till he grows a pair he will NEVER get in that class. Even Teresa E has more balls than him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

This is his best year in quite a while and any one who watches the races every week are aware of how well he's doing.Some rag on him cause they know it bothers his real fans.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.