Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 7 years ago

How many movies have been filmed where you live & what were they ?

Best Answer

I live right on the edge of Baltimore, so there have been a lot of them here. After all, the city is often used to simulate DC, and it gave the film world both John Waters and Barry Levinson.

Waters' movies - Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble, Polyester, the original Hairspray, Cry-Baby, Serial Mom, Pecker, and A Dirty Shame

Levinson's Baltimore movies - Diner, Tin Men, Avalon, and Liberty Heights

But there were tons of other ones, too! I've lived here for 10 years, and just in that time, they've done The Social Network, Step Up 1 and 2, Ladder 49, Invasion, Syriana (George Clooney has an argument in front of my IKEA.), He's Just Not That Into You, Live Free or Die Hard, Shooter, Game Change (the TV movie, the McCain buses were parked right near where I work), Luv, Putty Hill, My One and Only, Body of Lies, Red, Rocket Science, and a lot more I'm sure.

Maybe you can guess where I live. Films done in my city include: 2010 The Year We Make Contact Planet of the Apes (the newest) A Few Good Men Air Force One The Day the Earth Stood Still Forest Gump The Exorcist :) This is not a complete list!

• Tigger

One that I know of, this one. Though it was just a small shoot-em-up section of the movie that was filmed about 4 miles from my home...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excessive_Force_%28fi...

Several on the Civil War. We went and sat in the Gazebo at the park, and a gentleman told us we had to move. Turns out they were shooting a movie and the cameras, and cannons were aimed at us. They shot in a lot of places around town. Ed Asner was in that one. A no. of other actors and actresses were scattered around town as well. Della Reese, etc. Where we live has always been a favourite of the film industry. Over the years there have been dozens of them. Also, where you live there have been a lot of them. With the rapid growth here, only the core of our town has remained untouched with that old time feeling. The rest, big fancy houses etc.

• Rg4

Way too many to list all. I'll limit it to my 10 favorites..

Good Will Hunting

American Psycho

The Boondock Saints

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

The Hurricane

True Lies

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Moonstruck

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle

Source(s): Toronto

Oh, no, I have moved over 30 times in my life. I would be hard pressed to remember all the places I have lived. I guess I should make a list of all the places I have lived and how long I lived there. I bet that would be important to my therapy. I would imagine movies were filmed in Albuquerque New Mexico and San Antonio Texas, I have lived in those places. They would have been the larger cities I have lived in.

When I look out my bedroom window, I can see an outcropping of rock, half-way up the mountain where they filmed a scene from the movie "Devil's Brigade" in 1968. It stars William Holden, Cliff Robertson, and Richard Dawson. That outcropping is known locally as Movie Rock.

Also:

Sandlot

Dumb and Dumber

Airplane 1975

Drive Me Crazy

Footloose

Plan 10 From Outer Space

Independence Day

and...drum roll please.......

High School Musical - parts I, II, and III.

• Walter

Hoosiers 1987 Hard Rain 1998

Source(s): my 2 Cents
  • ?

Wow, that is a real interesting question....

Here are Mine....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_shot_in...

Too long a list when I lived in Seattle, was in the Elvis movie Worlds Fair, in the background crowd.

Alabama we have had some movies filmed in and around Gadsden, Glencoe area.