Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 7 years ago

Girls... did you ever think makeup was a weird idea?

At a young age did you ever wonder why you have to use makeup or just naturally accept it as part of your role?

• B
    Best Answer

I know right! Who came up with the idea of makeup? I still muse about what made someone come up with the idea of painting on their face. I mean, it goes back thousands of year, all the way back to the ancient Egyptians. And they didn't seem to really do it for beauty so much as style; just look at the colors and shapes they did!!! Who invented it? Why did they invent it? Was it an accident or were they trying to create it? How was it popularized? Who popularized it? Were the Egyptians the first or are there unrecorded accounts of it? How many cultures used makeup that we don't know about? Why did it all of a sudden become such a huge industry in America? So many questions!!! I love questions. So much to think about. Cosmetics have their own personal fascinating, unexplained history ^_^

Well my mom is a makeup artist on set for tv shows and movies, so I've been around makeup my entire life. I remember she used to do makeovers on me. But she wouldn't let me go out of the house. When I turned 13, she finally allowed me to start wearing mascara, eyeshadow and eyeliner, but only on the top. At 14, I wa allowed to wear whatever. I do admit I wear makeup. But it's not because I feel ugly or feel that I need it. I just like to get up, listen to my music an spend some time doing my makeup to match my outfits or getting the perfect eyeliner line. I think Its just fun to see me when I first get up with no makeup, and then after my makeup. I don't look drastically different, but it's noticeable. Many People don't wear makeup, and some days I don't either, but I think makeup should be used to show you take pride in how you look and that you put effort into yourself. Makeup shouldn't be used to cover up your flaws, it should be used to draw attention to your perfections. [[:

Source(s): 16 year old girl with a makeup artist Mama [:

Personally I think makeup is a must for all women over 13. Even just foundation.. I never thought makeup was a weird idea and my mom always gave me a chance to try it out. I love makeup, and it makes me happy. I never think "man I'm so ugly, that's why I wear makeup" I just think it makes my natural beauty brighter. :)

Hope I helped! (:

-Sydney.

Source(s): Me.

Ever since I first notice this thing called makeup lol I thought it was supper fun and awesome and just the ebst thing ever and that was when i was like 8 or 9 lol I started using moms makeup for fun then when i was like 13 i wanted to use makeup! the firts thing i ever tried and wore to school was mascara lol then chapstick in any red or pink color i was obsess with red or pink chapstick lol then in my first year in high school i started to wear almost everyhting like mascara eyeliner eyeshadow lip gloss then my 11 grade i used less then in my senior year i ended up just using mascara and tinte chastick hahaha althought in the beggingin i was obsess with red lipstick and now i use everyhting every now and then makeup is the best thing ever

Source(s): me

No, because I never thought I HAD to use makeup. I always thought, even at a young age, that it was like art for your face, and you could make yourself look any way you wanted.

I never felt it was necessary for me to wear makeup at a young age. And no one should. One should embrace their natural beauty.

i always thought it was the coolest thing ever, and thought ppl did it for fun, & to look beautiful . i still feel the same way now that im older, i never looked at makeup as something you have to do .

When I was younger makeup was fun and stuff, but I never wear it and i don't think I will

No i never thought much of it. I never cared but i saw my mom put on her lipstick and eyeshadow and i was kinda fascinated. I wanted to use what she was using and ut seemed like and adult thing that i wanted to try.

I've never considered it something I HAVE to do, but rather something I GET to do.