2 million abortions were performed in California in the 6 years before Roe V. Wade. The US only does 1.2 mill?

1.2 million abortions a year now for the whole country. Why did they have so many abortions back then in the late 60's early 70's?

Early in 1967, the national debate on abortion was beginning. Democratic California state senator Anthony Beilenson introduced the "Therapeutic Abortion Act", in an effort to reduce the number of "back-room abortions" performed in California.[80] The State Legislature sent the bill to Reagan's desk where, after many days of indecision, he signed it.[84] About two million abortions would be performed as a result, most because of a provision in the bill allowing abortions for the well-being of the mother.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan

Favorite Answer

Any submission of data should be accompanied by an appropriate citation thus making it plausibly verifiable. Are you trying to tell us that California aborted 12.5 % of its population over 6 years...how is that possible?

Where are you getting your statistics?

Dr. Richard Nathansan, head abortionist and founder of NARAL (National Abortion Rights Action League) later became a pro-life advocate. He admitted to fabricating statistics about abortion in order to create sympathy for the pro-abortion side. He fabricated the figure that 5,000 - 10,000 women were dying each year from back-alley abortions, and that false statistic spread like wildfire. The ACTUAL statistic was 88 deaths. One death is one too many, but 88 is no where near 5,000. He admitted to fabricating the statistic years later, but the damage had been done.

Even though Dr. Nathansan admitted to fabricating the numbers, false statistics still spread around today. Some of the big-name abortion groups are still posting these fabricated statistics, and people believe them.

If you are trying to argue that abortion is declining, you are highly misinformed. Since Roe v. Wade, 52 million babies have been aborted.

If you look at the statistics of abortions pre-Roe, the numbers are all over the place. Some say from 200,000 abortions to 1.2 million abortions per year in the U.S. That's a HUGE range with a great room for plenty of error. The 2 million from your Wiki source is not talking about 1 year, and does not specify how many years exactly.

But setting all of this aside, making abortion legal or illegal doesn't negate the fact that abortion is the taking of a human life. It is murder.

"Sins do not become virtues by being widely practiced. Right is still right if nobody is right, and wrong is wrong if everybody is wrong.”—Archbishop Fulton Sheen

• A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said: ‘Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I’m pregnant again.

I don’t want kids so close together. So the doctor said: ‘OK and what do you want me to do?’ She said: ‘I want you to end my pregnancy, and I’m counting on your help with this.’ The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence she said to the lady: ‘I think I have a better solution for your problem. It’s less dangerous for you too.’ She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then she continued: ‘You see, in order for you not to have to take care 2 babies at the same time, let’s kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we’re going to kill one of them, it doesn’t matter which one it is.

There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms. The lady was horrified and said: ‘No doctor! How terrible! It’s a crime to kill a child! ‘I agree’, the doctor replied. ‘But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.’ The doctor smiled, realizing that she had made her point.

She convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that’s already been born and one that’s still in the womb. The crime is the same!

-

• Star

Libs don't hate Obama. No one is debating weather he will carry the state and if most of HR from Ca will be Democrats.

The abortions were done under Gov Reagan. And many of the abortions were from people out of state that came there for an abortions.

And Obamas top Advisor John Holdren thinks 2 year olds are not even human yet, America should force abortions and govt should make our water sterile- thats Obamas most respected top dog advisors opinion from his book and why Obama loves him so much. He picks the most radical hateful people to work by his side.

There is over 3,000 abortions everyday in America.

Hilllary has been busy bribing other countries- saying you don't get a dime from the US unless you have abortions legal. But they won't tell the Bro ORg- Musi's that one. These peeps are a JOKE! They make me so sick!

• Andy

The Therapuetic Abortion Act was a good law. Roe v. Wade was aimed at eliminating good laws like that.

I'm pro-choice, but Roe v. Wade was the legally incorrect decision and there's no other way to slice it. Ironically, most pro-choicers would probably be happier if Roe v. Wade had never been passed, but I guess they'll never understand that.

• Mike

Abortion is not a national issue. Most people that foment pro or con abortion haven't come close to making a life or death decision. Why don't you do the whole country a favor and stfu.

Probably because of abortion tourism.

It's California......were I live........were even Libs hate Obama.......a state in bankruptsy and continues to spend more and cut more........Libs destroyed this state

Abortions is a HUMAN TRAGEDY no matter the race....ONE ABORTION IS TOO MANY...