What do you think about this idea from Bruton Smith?

He wants NASCAR to throw mandatory caution flags every race, a sort of "timeout."

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/81...

Favorite Answer

We usually have enough fake cautions as it is.

Then we have those stupid competition yellows every so often.

We don't need yellows. They suck.

Source(s): We need less yellow flags, not more.
  • Josh

I seen this at work earlier. This is literally probably the dumbest suggestion that I have heard from someone involved in the NASCAR organization. The drivers and teams running in the front throughout the majority of the race do that because they earned it. He is basically saying that he wants these drivers and teams penalized for no apparent reason; it is just a totally ridiculous idea. That is not racing at all. The guy needs to go watch demolition derbies or figure 8 racing or something, because that is apparently what he wants to see.

I never thought I would say it, but if that were to happen, I wouldn't watch NASCAR anymore. I'd follow F1, Indy, and dirt racing only.

• ?

Instead of these so called "timeouts" tell Nascar to get rid of the points system to get drivers to race hard again! Under the current points system they can do a ride around all day n be safe! Why race hard if they just have to ride around to gain points?!!

Bruton deserves a "timeout" for that idea!

Bruton needs to worry more about getting peoples' butts in the seats at his tracks and less about what goes on (or doesn't) on the track.

These azz monkeys wont be happy until their whole hard core fan base is gone. I have so many friends that have stopped going to Cup races because it isnt racing anymore. it is becoming just like WWE. just another form of scripted entertainment.

• Jay

Bruton Smith is a senile old moron. It amazes me people pay any attention to what he has to say.

Burton Smith needs to worry about other thiongs if he wants a caution every 20 lapss he will chase people away

he needs to just to go away leave well anough alone

that just pussifies the competition

if he wants to mess with a race like that try using a smaller fuel cell

• mbl

We already knew Bruton was a moron. I didn't need any further proof. He needs to shut his stupid mouth.

• SRΛSC

Don't like it. I like the races to fall out as they may.

• Mongo

I like the idea seeing as their are limited practices. It would make the races more competitive on the track. I'm not a big fan of positions gained in the pits or lost in the pits.