Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What do you think about this idea from Bruton Smith?

He wants NASCAR to throw mandatory caution flags every race, a sort of "timeout."

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/81...

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

We usually have enough fake cautions as it is.

Then we have those stupid competition yellows every so often.

We don't need yellows. They suck.

Source(s): We need less yellow flags, not more.
  • Josh
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I seen this at work earlier. This is literally probably the dumbest suggestion that I have heard from someone involved in the NASCAR organization. The drivers and teams running in the front throughout the majority of the race do that because they earned it. He is basically saying that he wants these drivers and teams penalized for no apparent reason; it is just a totally ridiculous idea. That is not racing at all. The guy needs to go watch demolition derbies or figure 8 racing or something, because that is apparently what he wants to see.

I never thought I would say it, but if that were to happen, I wouldn't watch NASCAR anymore. I'd follow F1, Indy, and dirt racing only.

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Instead of these so called "timeouts" tell Nascar to get rid of the points system to get drivers to race hard again! Under the current points system they can do a ride around all day n be safe! Why race hard if they just have to ride around to gain points?!!

Bruton deserves a "timeout" for that idea!

• 9 years ago

Bruton needs to worry more about getting peoples' butts in the seats at his tracks and less about what goes on (or doesn't) on the track.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

These azz monkeys wont be happy until their whole hard core fan base is gone. I have so many friends that have stopped going to Cup races because it isnt racing anymore. it is becoming just like WWE. just another form of scripted entertainment.

• Jay
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Bruton Smith is a senile old moron. It amazes me people pay any attention to what he has to say.

• 9 years ago

Burton Smith needs to worry about other thiongs if he wants a caution every 20 lapss he will chase people away

he needs to just to go away leave well anough alone

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

that just pussifies the competition

if he wants to mess with a race like that try using a smaller fuel cell

• mbl
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

We already knew Bruton was a moron. I didn't need any further proof. He needs to shut his stupid mouth.

• SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Don't like it. I like the races to fall out as they may.

• Mongo
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I like the idea seeing as their are limited practices. It would make the races more competitive on the track. I'm not a big fan of positions gained in the pits or lost in the pits.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.