Which will effect the upcoming election more; religion, racism, or news videos of Romney lying over 20 times?

Bonus question:

Why didn't Romney get arrested for slander when he lied about Obama's record?

According to the Congressional Budget Office, the stimulus bill created more than 3m jobs – a view shared by 80% of economists polled by the Chicago Booth School of Business (only 4% disagree).

Romney also likes to argue that the stimulus didn't help private-sector job growth, but rather helped preserve government jobs. In fact, the Obama years have been witness to massive cuts in government employment. While the private sector is not necessarily "doing fine", as Obama said in a recent White House press conference, it's doing a heck of a lot better than the public sector.

And the list goes on. Romney has accused Obama of raising taxes – in reality, they've gone down under his presidency, and largely because of that stimulus bill that Romney loves to criticize. He's accused the president of doubling the deficit. In fact, it's actually gone down on Obama's watch.

@Joshua, I suggest you go to Real Clear Politics and see ALL the polls. Your data is about a month or two old. Also check out the electoral college map while you are there. 99% of Bigots in Oklahoma and Arkansas don't have any more weight than 60% of people in any other state. == a safeguard against extreme bigots in one or two states.

@ Gazoo, Guess what? only congress can levy taxes. == get it?

• brmxld
    Favorite Answer

Well I for one am not too eager for Republifux to infiltrate the presidency this soon. It annoys me what some of them cry and moan about how essentially Obama hasn't fixed it all in a span of four years. Gosh! What a big freaking surprise after Dubya screwed it all up royally. No man would have been able to fix it in one singular term. I think Obama is trying his best with the hand he's been dealt. Reviving the economy takes time and patience. Now as for the outcome of this upcoming election only time will tell. I only know I'm not voting for a guy who would cut children's PBS programming to save a buck. Can you imagine anything more asinine than to take the country's budget issues out on little kids? Seriously, what a jackass.

It's interesting how people keep saying Romney is a moral man. Most of the "facts" used in his speeches and his campaign are wrong. As you noted, often outright lies. Most of the things the GOP and Romney claim will be best for the country, have been tried more than once in my lifetime, and each time it was a disaster, that took generations to get out of, Their idea of religious freedom and religious living is just slavery to their stated ideal. Not freedom for any group. Since Romney and his cronies, the 1%, wholly own the media, most of the information given to the public is misinformation. I'm afraid managed news and slanted videos will play more a part in the election that any issues. The issues are just divisive ones used to keep us divided and fighting among ourselves.

Source(s): 40 years in the US labor movement

Politics, Any Way You Slice It

http://www.res.com/magazine/articles/politicsanywa...

Words: Jesse Ashlock

One of the more revealing anecdotes about modern political oratory comes from The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, neurologist Oliver Sachs' 1987 collection of tales from the frontlines of clinical psychology. Sachs recalls watching a speech by the late President Reagan with patients in an aphasia ward and being astonished when they roared with laughter. Why did they laugh at Reagan? Aphasiacs compensate for their inability to comprehend language by becoming highly attuned to subtleties of diction and manner -- so much so, Sachs concluded, that "one cannot lie to an aphasiac." Though they could not understand the president's speech -- because they could not understand it -- they could read all "the grimaces, the histrionisms, the false gestures and, above all, the false tones and cadences of the voice." Their natural response to such grotesquerie was hilarity.

Intensity of support or opposition can have an impact on campaigns. Currently, 26% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-one (41%) Strongly Disapprove, giving him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -15

As long as a politician promotes God, Jesus, religion; they are almost guaranteed to be elected into office.

Many voters simply vote for the political party they are associated with and more so on the bases of the politicians religious beliefs.

All other non-religious issues are irrelevant to these dimwitted voters.

FYI:

I am a moderate and I vote for a candidate whose policies are similar to mine.

Is this a question about religion or a political screed poorly disguised as a question about religion?

Maybe you forgot, but it's Barack "I Killed Bin Laden" Obama vs. a wingnut Mormon.

No contest.

The fact that no actual candidates came out on the Republican side is proof positive everyone knows Obama's going to win. Nobody with any chance of winning an election ever wanted to risk their careers so it we got to watch a bunch of chucklefucks try instead.

Racism and xenophobia seem to be high up the charts, but any gimmic to scare people into submission will be used.

20 times?! That's it?! That would mean that every time Romney lied, obama would already have lied 50 times, maybe even more than that!

I think you are Obama in disguise, trolling for votes.

all of the above.

I have never voted for a republican, I never will.

btw; the price of gas is down in my state.

just saying...

Source(s): obama 2012