Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Why are the Buddhists killing Muslims in Burma?

20,000 Muslims have been killed in Burma(Myanmar) in the past few weeks.

I don't know why the Burmese military is slaughtering them and the worst part is, the mainstream global media is ignoring this bloodshed.

Had this genocide been taking place in the middle east, there would have been a military operation by NATO, but since Muslims are being killed, I guess Obama will just let it slide.

I can't believe that some Buddhists are killing Muslims in Burma, I mean Buddhism is one of the most peaceful religions in the world.

Buddha must be so ashamed.

We need to get the word around, so the bloodshed can stop, just recently a Muslim kid got killed by the Burmese military.

@Tam I know Muslims have been killing and persecuting non-Muslims too, but that is NOT the subject.

We're talking about how can WE stop this genocide as of right NOW.

Two wrongs don't make a right, I condemn whatever happened to Lara Logan or for every bad thing Muslims have done.

But right now there is a genocide going on in Burma.

I'm secularists by the way and I'm against the Muslim Brotherhood.

So far I haven't received any serious responses, I can't believe there are so many insensitive people on Y!A.

Favorite Answer

well, i am a muslim myself. and of-course i condemn these acts of violence. sorry Chace, i dont really know the answer to your question because i dont live in Myanmar, i just wanna answer those people here who are trying to say some really bad things about my religion. Islam is not a religion of violence. I am not a theologist or some religious scholar. but even i know that my religion would not have allowed the horrible act done by Muslim brotherhood or suicide bombing or everything else "muslims" are said to have done. there is a lot to be said in this regard and i would like to ask you people to not judge islam based on what muslims do. just as christianity cannot be judged on the basis of what modern day christians do. tell me, would Jesus have allowed the second world war and the atomic bombings? you people are also committing and have committed a lot of humanitarian crimes in Afghanistan and Iraq respectively and look at the zionists, look at what they are doing in Palestine? I am not some big analyst of international affairs or world situation. but i am sure that i can eliminate at-least some of the misunderstandings created against Islam by world media. back to the question(i just thought i should share my thoughts :D), Myanmar is a military dictatorship, and these kind of violent acts happen in military ruled states, where people stand up against injustice or tyranny and the military is used to curb the uprisings. it may be the case there. and regarding the worst part, i dont know what kind of "Human Rights" are advocated by the media and different organizations. maybe these rights are not for muslims. this genocide can only be stopped through power and we are powerless here, the one with the power are the world leaders, sadly.

• Forsooth6 years agoReport

Just as Muslims extremists have soiled your religion with their stupidity. So have some persons that call themselves Buddhists. Buddha would not advocate violence of any kind. Allah may have allowed it .But Buddhist are strictly taught to do no harm, outside of in defense of others.

This is where people are wrong. I am burmese, and buddhist. The muslims they are killing are a speific minority group known as Rohingya. Rohingya are people from Bangladesh seeking refuge in Myanmar. Things you didnt know are, Rohingya people are ALSO killing us, however in almost every news article ive read about this crisis it never talks about how they chop off heads of monks, have guns to kill rakkhine people, murder and rape innocent girls, etc. The Rohingya is the most persecuted minority in the world. Now think about that. Is it because there bad, or is it because of the way they look. If you compare them to other Arab or middle eastern people they are the most persecuted. Because they are bad. In 1 house, there can be up to 70 people all from 2 parents . There population increases rapidly. The government gave a lot of these Rohingyas citizenship already but there are just too many so they stopped. If we do allow them in Myanmar they will take over our land. When you see them they open there big eyes and act innocent. Dont you people think theres a reason why there are police officers surrounding the refugee camps? I lived in Myanmar for 1 year, and if you did, you would understand too. This doesnt mean we burmese buddhist people hate muslims though. My best friend is muslim! Most of us dont mind muslims, but what we really dislike is Rohingya. There all the same. They cause nothing but trouble.

• Nayzi4 years agoReport

There's a Burma Muslim guy that was in tears begging for help because he was going to be killed if he didn't give them money and he was poor the police didn't help they don't care

The Answer is that its muslims fault however i can feel a sense of bias in your question : Why are Buddhists killing muslim in Myanmar...they are actually killing each other but if you follow up the events leading up to this the evidemce is ovwrwhelmingly that the muslims were the oppressors and the buddhist had enough , dont listen to the fake western pro islamic media who will tell you what doves and angels muslims are and buddhist are so violent because any educated person knows thats a load of **** people are waking up we cant be manipulated and brainwashed to make us think muslims are good decent peaceful people because its not true and people are waking up i despise all religions however they are all livable ** with exept islam theu are terrible and wicked trust me i lived in Lebanon i lived with them everyday

Burma Killing Muslim

What Is Happening In Burma

I just know one thing that Humanity is the first rule that is taught in every religion and if the Buddhist are afraid of loosing there religion it shows that they don t have the logic to prove it to the world that they are following the right religion secondly when are religion is on logical and based on truth it never faces any kind of insecurity like the way Burma Budhism is facing also Islam is very open and logical Religion which is one of the main reasons why people from different religions are converting or accepting Islam? If Budhism gives a lesson to BURN people alive and to slaughter them then it s a religion of SATAN and the Buddhist like goofs and idiots following it and they shud not call themselves humans they are the followers of Satan....... Insane and inhuman people with no brains and heart. Remember "ALLAH ALMIGHTY" is the Ultimate Power whatever these non-Muslims are doing with the innocent one will pay back one day and very soon. DO NOT Seek for Mercy that time Buddhists.... u know u exist no where that s y insecure

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Had this genocide been taking place in the middle east, there would have been...

Source(s): buddhists killing muslims burma: https://tr.im/Rh0eg
  • Helen

You don't call all that killing the Syria's were doing before this uprising to their own genocide? They have killed thousands of Syrians men, women, and children, in the last few month's in Syria, and one time they are hollering for America to come in and help and then the next time they are hollering for us to stay out. Eighteen months ago the Muslims were saying how they like American, and called us to do fly over with the drones to stop some of the killing. They only want something to do with American when they need something. Just like they calmed down some in Egypt yesterday when they heard they would not get the millions of dollars for the USA if they did not. But they may have started back up by now, for all the Muslim nation are uprising now in even in England and Israel all the way to Africa. Maybe they are not slaughtering them maybe they are just protecting what is theirs, and sometimes in order to protect what is right and good one has to fight. There is a time for war, and a time for peace, and when evil comes into your camp then you war against it at all cost or evil will eat the world up. Muslim's goal is to take over the world for they say that is the will of their god Allah. But the truth is there is no Buddha nor is there a Allah, so the only One who weeps is the One who made them in His image the living God. I wonder if the tears of God would reach the earth would they be felt for all the noise and stone throwing. God destroys wickedness, be he upholds the righteous, and those who hate sin and evil. We don't hate people but we hate what they have allowed sinned to do in their lives, and the evil one who lives within their hearts. The Spirit of the living God lives within all those who have chosen Jesus to be their Savior, and if He (the Spirit of Jesus) is not within the heart of a person then the heart is left wide open for the evil one Satan.

Let Burma work on Burma. The Tatmadaw are brutally efficient though. Only an idiot thinks he can change the world.

I want the people to understand this fact.

ISIS is killing the christian doesn t mean that he is Muslim.

Israel are killing the Philistine doesn t mean that they are Jew.

Burma s military are killing the Muslims doesn t mean they are Buddhist.

This war is for politic reasons ,and that what they wanted us to say that the enemy is the religion ,and they succeed in that ,but the reality is different.

i m Muslim ,and i respect all the religions no-matter what happened in the history.

May be there are other reasons too but this is the revenge of the anti-Buddhist actions of the Taliban in Afghanistan (the destruction of the Buddhas of Bamiyan in 2001)