Got pulled over without a license or proof of insurance. Lied to the police.?

So basically I used the wrong turning signal in my Dad's car at 4:00 in the morning while turning into a back road and the cops tailgated me the duration of the drive with their lights off. I pulled into my friend's driveway and even though I didn't do anything wrong they asked to see my license, saying... show more So basically I used the wrong turning signal in my Dad's car at 4:00 in the morning while turning into a back road and the cops tailgated me the duration of the drive with their lights off. I pulled into my friend's driveway and even though I didn't do anything wrong they asked to see my license, saying I seemed "confused" because I used the wrong turning signal. Anyway, I kind of have a deep-rooted hatred for cops (I won't go into that, because this isn't the political section) and I was really calm about my responses to their questions. When they asked for my license, I just said "Sure, hold on." and looked around in my wallet. I couldn't find it obviously and was just like "Man, you probably won't believe me, but I swear to God I must have left it at the house." He took my information and went back to his car. They were doing the whole good cop-bad cop routine and the next guy was being real nice about things and asked me for my insurance. I looked around (my Dad really did have insurance, but it beats me where the hell it was). I couldn't find it and I told him it was my Dad's car and I had no idea where he kept it. The next cop came back and the "good cop" talked to my friend's Mom, who had come outside. The "bad cop" gave me a little talk and the "good cop" came back and said she had nothing but good things to say about me. The "bad cop" gave me a court date and told me to have my license and proof of insurance with me next time and told me to drive home. So I did. I told my parents, and of course they were furious, but that's nothing new. I live in Tennessee, by the way.

So my question is, if I get my license and insurance before my court date, will I be able to "get around the system" so to speak and get a much smaller fee/penalty, since I got away with lying, or will they look into the date I got my license/insurance compared to the date of the citation? I would like some real, unbiased answers. Thanks.
Update: @Ramon: Well, we have one thing in common. We both think each other's views of reality are foolish. And you didn't answer my question.
Update 2: Also, I don't want anyone to think I don't regret what I did. It was a terrible decision and I do in fact deeply regret it. But the fact of the matter is, I got away with lying for now, so if I can take advantage of the situation I would like to. I don't plan on driving without my license or proof of... show more Also, I don't want anyone to think I don't regret what I did. It was a terrible decision and I do in fact deeply regret it. But the fact of the matter is, I got away with lying for now, so if I can take advantage of the situation I would like to. I don't plan on driving without my license or proof of insurance again.