latte asked in 社會與文化語言 · 8 years ago

英文文法相關問題

請問以下兩題,感謝高手解答喲

1 There are humerous approaches-----------to getting rid of your stresses and strains. 答案是to getting, 請問為何不是to get?

2. If only he----------what I tell him, but he won't. 答案是had done, 請問為何不是would do?

Rating
    Favorite Answer

"approach" here being a noun meaning "method" or "way" is a no-brainer.

Why does it need to "follow with" (I assume you meant "be followed by") "to"?

For example:

Your approach is a good example of 20/20 hindsight.

多可笑的解答!

"to getting" 不是問題的一部分,它和 "to get" 一樣是答案的 choice.

如果選 to getting, 那 "to" 自然是介系詞而getting rid of your stresses and strains 是受詞, 還用你說嗎?

發問者的重點是他看不出 用 verb infinitive "to get" 有什麼不對,

我也認為用 to get 並無不可

第二題我同意 Louis 大師, 題目本身就有文法錯誤.

• Louis

If only he had done what I told him, but he wouldn't.

=要是當時他按我所說的去做就好了,但他不肯。

因為條件子句所談的是與過去實況不符,所以用過去完成式動詞。

if only he had done what I told him. = I wish that he had done what I told him.

1.

First, you have a typo: humerous ==> numerous

the reason you need to use "to getting" not "to get" is because of "approach(es)". When it is used to mean "method", "way", "attitude", it will need to follow with "to" and "to" is used as preposition, so you need to use "getting", not "get". For example:

Students like her approach to the problem.

Here, since "to" follows with a noun "the problem", so you can easily see that "to" is a preposition, not an "infinitive".

2.

This sentence states 3 time positions on the timeline:

past time, present time, future.

"I" make the statement at the present time (present tense), and ASSUME something "he" didn't do in the past (not true in the past, so for if-clause that is not true for the past, you use past perfect tense), and CONCLUDE that he will not do in the future (future tense).

2012-06-30 11:32:11 補充:

I shall say:

... something "he" did do in the past ...

Source(s): self