Why aren't Atheists plagued with guilt complexes and self loathing ?

• Nous
    Favorite Answer

Because they have the education and intellect to know the truth, live in reality and maintain morality!

Research shows that the reason humans struggle with emotion to find equitable solutions is pinpointed the region of the brain called the insular cortex, or insula, which is also the seat of emotional reactions.

The fact that the brain has such a robust response to unfairness shows that sensing unfairness is a basic evolved capacity.

The emotional response to unfairness pushes people from extreme inequity and drives them to be fair. This observation shows our basic impulse to be fair isn't a complicated thing that we learn.

It therefore fully illustrates that all humans have morals controlled by the brain and that Christians are entirely wrong to try and claim morals as their own!!!!

But Christians found a way round it!

Government statistics show that christians are vastly over represented in prisons for sexual, violent and fraudulent crime!

The Catholic church is paying millions in compensation for the sex/pedophile crimes of their priests alone!

Christians are vastly over represented in the divorce courts!

Christians invented the concept of sin and then the idea that you could sin, ask forgiveness, get pardoned and start with a clean sheet!

So no surprise that they are so expert at it is it?!

A Christian is a man that feels repentance on Sunday for what he did on Saturday and is going to do on Monday. - Thomas Russell Ybarra

Source(s): California Institute of Technology

Plagued with guilt complexes and self loathing; about what exactly?

About not believing in some magic man in the sky?

Because I think, overall, I'm a pretty good person, all things said and done. I haven't done anything particularly bad, and, in fact, use much of my time to volunteer. I've got a gold blood donor card, and spend a lot of my time at the local animal shelter.

Why would I be plagued by guilt?

• birju

those words are actually not the words of a "authentic" Christian. That guy or woman sounds like an ignorant a--hollow. some people who're non-believers are nicer than some believers through fact they have been on the receiving end being judged and pushed around. understanding the way it feels to be dealt with like crap by employing yet somebody else is a much greater efficient motivation for assisting out yet another than a faith.

Don't be foolish, guilt and self-loathing is a human emotion, it is not specifically for religious people.

Because we don't live lives in fear of angering a god in which we do not believe. I have no guilt, no self-loathing, and a great life.

• John

Some are!

So are lots of Christians.

Guilt has more to do with how you are raised than in what you think about God.

Because we don't support a doctrine that demands ignorance, hatred, intellectual blindness, moral vacuousness, and belief in the unprovable.

Translation: Atheists deserve to be miserable because I'm terrified that they may be correct and that's a threat to my fragile faith.

It takes a certain kind of person to be an atheist. Someone who can't see beyond their nose.