Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 7 years ago

should i put saran wrap on my new tattoo?

okay so I just got my first tattoo two days ago and the artist told me to keep it wrapped in saran wrap for 5 days and nights but is this a good idea?

p.s. I have already kept it wrapped for 2 days and 2 nights

Best Answer

I cannot imagine an artist telling you that. It breeds bacteria, and if you deprive your tattoo of air like that for a long time, it will really screw it up. That's the truth of it. Take care.

Source(s): I'm a professional tattoo artist, 10 yrs.

I have 4 tattoos and No i have only used saran wrap at night and while working but, new tattoos need to breathe to heal. Its like a scrape it needs air...Keep it wet with h2o ocean or a&d as much as you can but take the wrap off! Also, don't let it be in the sun for too long and keep it clean! Good luck!

Source(s): 4 tattoos

You dont need to. Once you remove the wrap the artist put on no need to wrap it again. Doing so can hold to much moisture in and ruin the tattoo. Let it breath. If you work somewhere dirty you should keep it covered with clothing.

If you do what the artist tells you and something goes wrong with your tattoo then the artist will normally fix it for free. If they tell you what to do and you do something else then if it heals badly it will be your fault and you will have to pay to fix it.

There are dozens of different methods of healing a tattoo. Assuming an artist is competent they will recommend a healing regime that will work with the inks and needles they use.

Yes keep saran wrap on it and do what your tatto artist told you to do. Keep it for at LEAST the 5 days.

You're tattoo is technically a wound, which needs to breathe to heal, so don't cover it! Just keep it clean and make sure you apply an ointment and it will be ok.