Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 years ago

My guy friend wrote this on my yearbook after my friend dumped him. Why would he write this? ?

Well long story short my best friend and one of my best guy friend who I used to have crush on (I don't anymore and he never knew) went out the my friend dumped him because she didn't wanted boyfriend. So on the bus I was sitting with him and he asked me if he can sign my yearbook so I gave it to him and he wrote

"if happ ever after did exist, I would still be holding you like this :(" -________

(it's from payphone by maroon 5) anyway why would he write that?! Wasn't It supposed to be for my friend?

One thing that everyone know for sure is that they never really liked each other. He was kinda forced to ask her out because she wanted a boyfriend and I guess one of his friend just decide to get him a GF.

Favorite Answer

He has feelings for you and the only way he could tell you was to say in your year book that it was the lyrics from the song but it was actually how he felt about you. Good luck

Source(s): Myself

He's probably playing the whole "I can't have you so I'll steal your BFF" thing, he could be confused on how to deal with it so he has taken u as someone to vent out his frustration n start a fake relationship with u, to make ur friend jelous, which ends up causing a whole lot more messes. Tell it to em straight! You don't like what he wrote n if anything, u should tell ur friend about it if he trys anything so that way your friend knows ur not trying to steal him or watever.

If the break up just happened then he's possibly is starting to like you since you guys are close? And you are friends with the girl that dumped him..so he probably likes you since you've been a great friend..Now he likes you more then a friend.

• Dopler

He means that he wishes that he could have dated you instead.

But yeah, the grammar in that lyric doesn't really fit his intended meaning. He can't "still" be holding you when you weren't the one he held in the first place. The grammatically ideal quote would have been, "If happy ever after did exist, I would hold you like this." Don't worry about the grammar, though.

He might have feelings for you, he might be missing his now ex, he might be looking for someone to fill in the void of his ex (rebound). Your best bet would be to ask him about it. But if he tries to get with you, I'd be careful if he and his ex broke up recently. You don't want to be a rebound. Good luck!

Perhaps he knows that you're friends with his now ex-girlfriend and just felt like telling you that he was upset about getting dumped.

He might have feelings for you! :3

Ask him about the notes meaning!