?
Lv 4
? asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

Do you think the government sucks?

The government wants us to prove we have insurance, but the don't want you to prove your a citizen?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago

Everyone has always thought the government sucks. Do you think that there was some perfect time in our history when the government operated without error and every citizen threw rose petals at the feet of their elected representatives? You should read some of the opposition to a second term for George Washington. Even Washington sucked;-) Being constantly agitated has kept America moving. What's wrong today is that nobody is willing to give an inch today knowing that they'll be getting an inch tomorrow. Everybody wants their inch today. There's nothing wrong with thinking the government sucks. What really sucks is that no one seems to want to give a little to get a little.

Uh, if you apply for a subsidy, just like when you apply for a job, you're going to have to show some proof of citizenship. I'm also guessing that just like with car insurance, the insurance companies will send their lists of policy holders to the government. We won't each have to prove we have insurance - which would be a Mt. Everest-sized pile of paperwork.

• Steve
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

HA! Good illustration. Yes, we have strayed s o o o o o o far from our roots, it will take a couple generations to return. But it is a journey worth taking; let's begin by voting out Obama this November.

• 9 years ago

They do suck. The Obama administrators allowed a terrorist into the white house the other day with open arms. Even I, as an American citizen, can't get that kind of welcome from them. It's crazy!

• Josiah
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

It's not perfect, but it's the best one we've got.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes.

• 9 years ago

I think its okay

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.