Dennis Bergkamp vs Zinedine Zidane?

Bergkamp more of a foward and Zidane more of a midfielder I know, but in terms of technical ability and skills, who do you think was superior?

Favorite Answer

I would say Zidane. I truly believe he's the best player of all time - he was pretty much the "perfect" player. He could do pretty much anything. Even more so, he was so elegant and graceful, it was such a joy watching him. He was a genius on the pitch, he could dribble, score amazing goals, pass very well, and had AMAZING ball control, great vision as well as an amazing touch. His technical skills are honestly far beyond any player I've ever seen, past or present.

Bergkamp is an amazing player as well. He could do a lot of things, but I just don't think he's on the same level of Zidane. Yeah, he could score, he was a team player, he had vision, he could dribble and had a great touch, but I truly think that Zidane's technical ability and smart thinking is on a different level.

But that's just my opinion, I am a big Zidane fan, but I do truly believe he is the all-time greatest player.

Source(s): Myself :)

Zinedine Zidane. Dennis Bergkamp was an amazing player and an Arsenal legend, but Zidane is arguably the greatest player of all-time. Zidane could do practically anything. A complete midfielder. Won titles everywhere he went.

• Abzman

I would pick Zidane over Bergkamp any day of the week. It's like comparing a player of Ibrahimovic/ Van Persie's ability to Lionel Messi.

Don't get me wrong, Bergkamp was a phenomenal player in his time but just not at the level of All-time greats like Zidane.

• Zinedine Zidane was more technical and skilled than Bergkamp. Both are Legends.

Zidane is worshiped in remotest part of the world.I don't think that is the case with Bergkamp.For this fact alone,Zidane for me.

Zidane is a footballing god.I am pretty sure there are plenty who agree with me.

Bergkamp could not lead his team to Euro or World cup glory could he?

How do you measure technical abilities if both were gifted so technically.I don't have a scale to measure but if you watch both of their plays,you will notice how technical both players were.

• Zed

Bergkamp top player but Zidane is in the leagues of Maradona, Pele, Messi....

Zidane without a shadow of a doubt

• Ash F

Zidane for me.

zidane

• MELONS

bergkamp