Kim
Kim asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 8 years ago

My passwords on several accounts have changed...?

With a combination of my paypal, bank, e-mail, even my computer login and other accounts, have one thing in common lately. All of my passwords begin with a capital letter, not a huge security break here by saying that. Lately none of my log ins accept any of my passwords with the capital letter at the beginning. They have to be lowercase. ALL OF THESE ACCOUNTS. I'm not sure what it is that caused it, even my Amazon, Ebay, newer accounts I've recently made. What is causing this?

Favorite Answer

Well, if you used the same password for everything then that could be the reason why everything was compromised. Most likely, someone installed a keylogger on you're computer. First things first, you'll have to get rid of the keylogger.

Reboot into safe mode (press F8 continually at the start up screen)and download malwarebytes' anti -malware.

http://www.techspot.com/downloadget2.php?info=malw...

Install it with the wizard and run a scan.

Also, talk to the people who run the account and explain your situation. Cancel any credit card that could be used by the hacker

Source(s): I'm a kid.

Someone might have gotten into your accounts. Download malwarebytes and AVG (they're free) and run those scans to make sure you don't have a virus. Next, change all of your passwords. I hope you have the best of luck :)

Source(s): I'm an intern at a computer repair place