volleyball rotations?

Can someone please explain to me all i need to know about volleyball rotations, ive been playing volleyball for 3 years and all the older people on my team are always like "lets do a 6"2 or a 6"3" i have no clue what they mean so can someone please explain them to me and everything i should know for my highschools varsity volleyball team.

Favorite Answer

If you need to learn basic rotations, you should play on JV. I won't take any girl on varsity who doesn't know basic rotations.

There are variations on each offense. When I run a 6-2, I use these rotations https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_rVmnWRvwpeMDZlO...

In the 6-2, there are three rotations to learn. In the 5-1 you need to learn six rotations. There are more variations with the 5-1, so you'll need to get the diagrams from your coach.

For a 6-2, a team needs two capable setters. They must take turns running the offense, as situations dictate. They must communicate with each other. For instance, if the ball is hit to the setter in the back row, the other setter must move into position to receive the set. The two setters must work in concert.

A 6-3 rotation is made up of 6 hitters and 3 setters. No one really uses that though.

To be a good player every must know rules and regulation of that game which you are playing. Volleyball is one of the important game. It makes our body fit and fine. And also keep our body healthy and strong. In volleyball game, the rotation must need because each and every player must good to be a good team.In every volleyball match rotation must be follow which make the player good,active.