Comrades, why doesn't President Obama make a law that says if you don't have a job, you have to pay a fine?

In the Soviet Union, you had to have a job. Why doesn't Obama fix the economy by making it mandatory that you work, or pay a fine?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

*Because that would be RACIST... Right? Disenfranchising the poor oppressed minorities even more than they already are?

*Obviously, you're just a bible thumping republican because you're not towing the party line...

Sigh... I'm so sick of this country and the ignorant fools that make it up.

*Sarcasm.

As Pak, above me, said it is now legal and acceptable for the Federal Government to "Tax" behaviors. I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could possibly be as moronic as to not see this as an Illegal Fine, not a "Tax".

According to the "Logic" of the Obama Administration and the Supreme Court, Pepsi and Coke should be able to "Tax" me for not buying their products...

What's next? Americans that don't by a GM Car should be "Taxed" for refusing to help in the Auto Industry Recovery?

The MOST IMPORTANT question that should ALWAYS be at the forefront of EVERY person's mind is:

"WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THIS?"

It doesn't matter if it's health care or samples at the Cost Co. SOMEONE is paying for all the "Free" stuff you get and every time someone double dips at the sample plate, that is another $1.00 that the cream puff company needs to make up for by increasing prices, decreasing product size, or firing an employee.

NOTHING is "Free". Ever... And anyone that thinks that "Free" exists is an ignorant fool.

@Anonymous: I agree with Penn & Teller. At the age of 18, every woman in the United States is issued a handgun and given classes in both gun usage/safety and self defense.

That woman can keep the gun, sell the gun, give it away, give it to the cops, keep it in a locked safe, or carry it on her person. WHAT she does with it doesn't matter. But she shouldn't tell anyone what she did with it...

How many rapists and robbers will try to fu*k with a chick knowing that she's been issued a weapon and trained in its use? Are they willing to take the risk that THIS chick didn't give the gun away?

The same could be said for Tazers.

After they legalized conceal-carry in Florida, suddenly crime against citizens dropped and international tourists were being targeted for robbery... Because the tourists are the only ones that the criminals can pretty much guarantee aren't packing.

It isn't CITIZENS with firearms that are the problem... It's the criminals that will carry regardless of the laws.

Chicago is a perfect example. In Chicago, it's been illegal to posses a firearm if you're not a cop or military. ILLEGAL to have ANY GUN. Yet our murder rate in the first 6 months of 2012 is up to about 300 dead and over 75 shot and not killed a WEEK.

Just look at what banning firearms did for the safety of Chicago!

• 7 years ago

Let's take it one step further - why not tax because you didn't go to college, let's tax because you're not in a frat or sorority - let's tax because you don't own a home - let's tax because you don't have homeowner's insurance - let's tax because you didn't watch the superbowl - let's tax because you smoke (oh wait, that's already there) - let's tax because the president woke up grumpy this morning - hey, let's tax you if you have any extra monoey whatsoever after the above taxes. Seems a little extreme, right? Well, that's where it's going...

BTW, it seems by your question you are proposing becoming a communist country. That doesn't seem to work out too well for the other countries, but this law is a step in that direction. This is more of "Hey let's control what the people can and can't do. They can't make decisions for themselves properly. They need us." Land of the free, indeed!

• 7 years ago

I have a better one...Let's mandate everyone buy a handgun and an assault rifle or get fined. That will reduce crime since what criminal would want to break in anywhere when EVERYONE is armed? Then we would have no need for a police force nearly as large as we have, we could trim the military budget because EVERYONE would be armed and capable of defending the country, and more importantly, the government would HAVE to respect the people, because we would have all the firepower.

Hey, gun ownership sounds like the solution to EVERYTHING!

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I liked the suggestions of someone earlier:

We should have a tax on hyperbole.

If we did that, how quick do you think people such as yourself would pay off the deficit?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Obama isn't given the power to make bills. Doesn't stop him, but it should. Congress can now tax for not doing any behavior at all according to Roberts. WTF is wrong with our system? Entirely broken, broken beyond repair.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

jobless people are already paying taxes. If you go to a store or buy anything, you pay sales tax. You buy gas, you pay tax.

• congress creates taxes and laws

Source(s): Article 1 - US Constitution
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

The idea is to pander.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.