If you were Prime Minister how would you get money back into the economy and reduce the housing benefit bill?

This would be my top ten list for achieving the above... 1 A wages cap of 250k per year irrespective of the number of jobs or executive positions a person holds. For example an Mp could hold down an Mp's position earning say 80k a year but he could also hold a job in the city earning no more than 170k a... show more This would be my top ten list for achieving the above...

1 A wages cap of 250k per year irrespective of the number of jobs or executive positions a person holds. For example an Mp could hold down an Mp's position earning say 80k a year but he could also hold a job in the city earning no more than 170k a year. This cap applies to everyone in the country who is an employee it should also apply to tv celebrities and sports personalities.

2 A commissions cap to no more than 20% of what your total salary is. So on the above this would be a further 50k.

3. I would also cut the expenses bills of all politicians to the bare minimum Second class return rail ticket once per week and if need be B and B costs of no more than £50 per night for a maximum of 3 nights only. Average expenses bill here would be 10k to 12k per annum.

4. Mp's who have a given role in government would have a central fund to cover legitimate department staff running costs none of which can be held by relatives or partners. In other words legitimate jobs.

5. Close the tax loophole that has allowed celebrities, bankers, politicians to stash away money and avoid tax in Britain.

6. Reclaim the tax from the loophole for the last 10 years and put it into the treasury.

7.Prosecute as criminals all those who have been caught fixing interest rates or laundrying money to members from corporate concerns. I e the bankers. Reclaim from their liquid assests or capital assests for monies owed to the treasury.

So far this lot must amount to somewhere close on 50 billion pounds of sterling. Astronomical isn't it?

8 Social housing costs could be reduced drastically by reintroducing fair rents regionally. This would stop landlords being able to charge what they like. Why should private landlords get away with making a vast profit from owning a property or properties? In recent years despite the poor housing market this has become a real scam. Buy a delapidated property do it up a bit and charge an exorbitant rent sometimes three times as much as a social housing rent if not more for a similar property held by the local council.

I mean how many other businesses have you heard of that can recouperate via rents a profit margin that is three times the figure you have spent in terms of expenses and labour other than buying the property itself and having the increase in monetary value to your assests. Would we or could we all afford to become property developers that would cause a problem wouldn't it?.

9 All landlords should be on a regional register held by the local authority and the entries should be checked against Scotland Yards criminal records and also checked for official immigrant status and checked against the unemployment register and the housing benefits claim list. Also if someone has been making money from a property they own and they have been in reciept of housing benefit or unemployment, all assets should be removed and returned to council housing stock.

However, in relation to under occupancy tenants should have the right to choose whether to rent out their spare bedrooms or not, provided it does not equate to more than half the set rent for that property and on the understanding that you have the authorities permission to do so. I personally feel it is the right of choice here that is important. I personally wouldn't want someone invading my rights to privacy and if I choose not too, I should not be penalised for having a spare bedroom.

10 Finally, one of the reasons why social housing costs are also high is due to the fact that repairs to property are normally done completely free. I personally think if you are working and earning over 15k - 20k a year you should not get repairs done entirely free. The councils property maintenance section should be allowed by law to establish reasonable charges for repairs that are none essential to the living standards or better homes policies etc.. I also feel that if a tenant removes a kitchen or a bathroom and places their own in they should be charged for removing the councils property fixtures out.

This I know is only the tip of the iceberg but what would you like to see happen?
.