Is a motorcycle with 12,500 miles good to buy?

Hello I am looking to buy a motorcycle for myself and looking at a 2002 Yellow Kawasaki Ninja 260cc for almost 2 grand. I want to know if it's a good idea to buy a bike with 12,500 miles on it if it's a 2002.

The link is here if you want to see the bike I am about to buy soon. http://buyheremotorsports.com/view/1563/Yellow-200...

Any thoughts on what I should do?

Favorite Answer

That milage is nothing to a Kawasaki, and the bike looks in excellent condition from the photos.

I can't judge on the price but it seems ok.

Source(s): I can't recall ever seeing a yellow one before

12,500 miles on a bike is not bad if it has been taken care of. But keep in mind, this is a crotch rocket and has prob. been ran kind of hard. Also, if you are looking to buy a bike that small, you prob. need to go look at new ones. You will be surprised at what a new 250 cc will run you. Not much more than what they are asking for this one and you will have a waranty. Good luck

12,500 is not bad at all. That is only 1250 miles a year, I walk more than that a year. BUT, the price is too high. I wouldn't go more than $1400 out the door.

• rob s

maintenance is key on a bike,if owner has records of oil changes done at proper intervals then it shouldn't be a problem.

this is a forum for ninja 250 owners theres guy that did over 85k miles before replacing the engine.

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Main_Page

read about it.i would buy it.

As others have said, in reality is not all that much cheaper than a new bike.

You need to do lots of research.

12,000 miles represents maybe 2 years of fair-weather riding, even on a 250 it's not high miles.

Yeah, you've got nothing to worry about with 12k if it was taken care of.

as long as it has a full service history it will be fine.