Aj21
Lv 5
Aj21 asked in SportsBasketball · 8 years ago

Is Anthony Davis really the next Tim Duncan?

People are saying Anthony Davis is the next Tim Duncan. I've seen all the analyzation on him and read a lot about him and watched him for a good amount of games. Honestly, I just don't see where they are getting that comparison. Both are similar on defense because they are long and big and can block many shots. But Anthony Davis has no post game whatsoever. When Tim got drafted he already had a good post game, a mid range jumper, plus his defense and shot blocking ability. Duncan's only big weakness when he got drafted was his free throw shooting.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

IMO even if Anthony Davis develops a post game, he still wouldn't be as dominate as Tim Duncan. I think he's ceiling is Alonzo Mourning while worst case scenario is Marcus Camby.

• 8 years ago

No. There will be no the next duncan. Tim is Tim, MJ is MJ, Lebron is Lebron and Anthony Davis will and always be Anthony davis. For a 19 years old player. He is so young that he can learn any right moves as a pf or any other position.

• 8 years ago

The guy hasnt played a second of NBA ball yet. So until then. Hes a nobody. Im so sick and tired of every year some big shot out of college being proclaimed "the next MJ, the next larry bird, the next Shaq, and then the player ends up being a bust.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

If he has no post game then he ain't the next Tim Duncan.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes

• 8 years ago

not yet, if Davis works hard and get stronger he can

be really good. but I don't know if the will be a duncan's

level but it would be close (if Davis works hard)

• 8 years ago

No, there's no guarantee that he's going to be the great player everyone says he is.But he probably will be a very good player.

• no davis is weak and has no postgame.hes an awful shooter too where as timmy has both of those.MKG is even more overrated?

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Not even close. Talk about hype, smdh

• 8 years ago

Maybe

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.