Who is the highest paid classical pianist in the world right now?

I would guess Lang Lang, Evgeni Kissin or Martha Argerich but it might be someone else.

Favorite Answer

I think you will find it is Lang Lang.

Yup, Lang Lang is up there making as much as the stars of Hollywood.

Careful Doc, Q #5 is ambiguous as regards a 'right' A, as there was another 'hummer', very pronounced in his more twilight years and really even more lastingly, intrinsically prestigious than your intended target, their years in this regard overlapping, which my esteemed colleague has already pinned unflinchingly to the butterfly board... :-) All the best, @ Raymond: in the spirit of quiz mischief I was indeed referring to Serkin's twilight years when I was working with him and would regularly remonstrate with him about 'the noise'. I don't recall you being there, but I'll take your word for it that your time, presumably, with Gould justifies your certain assertion that "these are all *amateurs* compared to Gould" -- you would know, wouldn't you, just the same way I do of what I was speaking of. Korngold as a "world renowned concert pianist" in terms of Doc's Q is a new one on me too, but there too I guess you know best likewise. Perhaps. I've known Abbey since I was 14 and he took me under his wing when very young and we've travelled a long way since. Doc makes a fine point: "Perhaps I should have said the concert pianist who employed the world's most recognized piano chair instead?" Then my gentle ironising would hopefully not have got in your way. Perhaps.