My house got set on fire in minecraft? WTF?

Okay, so my boyfriend got me hooked on minecraft and im getting good at it, and then suddenly my 2nd floor (out of 3) was on fire, mind you i was getting chased and attempted to be killed, (i didn't die YAY) ( :O ) by enderman... according to my lovely boyfriend enderman cant do that, which im completely and... show more Okay, so my boyfriend got me hooked on minecraft and im getting good at it, and then suddenly my 2nd floor (out of 3) was on fire, mind you i was getting chased and attempted to be killed, (i didn't die YAY) ( :O ) by enderman... according to my lovely boyfriend enderman cant do that, which im completely and utterly confused as to what it was, there wasn't a explosion and i had no lava in my house, what the hell made that happen? My boyfriend doesn't know and that has me confused? Any chance anybody knows?!?! thanks heaps in advance!!

P.S im a complete noob in this game, so don't be mean. :)
Update: By the way, im on computer...
Update 2: Im only on normal...

A friend told me maybe a electric creeper..? They dont no either..