Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Why are some Americans not grateful towards Israel?

I seen many comments from Liberals and people who are probably Ron Paul supporters. Saying that they think Israel is not a true ally of the USA. How ridiculous is it to think that. Israel does a lot for the USA. Even more than what USA does for Israel. Israel is really the only true friend the USA has.

Israel sends the best intelligence out their when it comes up to spotting terrorism.

@display your the troll. Your the one that once said that Israel did terror attacks on America.

@jason your answer is borderline anti-Semitic.

• gatita
    Best Answer

I sincerely hope those Americans opposed to Israel would appreciates the contributions this small country is responsible for the following technologies they enjoy today. This is by no means the comprehensive list of 63 contributions of convenience we enjoy today. The 100th smallest country, with less than 1/1000th of the world’s population, can lay claim to the following:

1. The cell phone was first developed at the Motorola plant in Israel.

2. Most of the Windows NT and XP operating systems were developed by Microsoft-Israel.

3. The Pentium MMX Chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel.

4. Both the Pentium-4 microprocessor for desktop computers and the Centrino processor for laptops were entirely designed, developed and produced in Israel.

5. Voice mail technology was developed in Israel. The Israeli company Amdocs is the largest company in the world in this field.

6. Both Microsoft and Cisco built their only foreign-based research and development facilities in Israel.

7. The program ICQ, which is the technological basis for AOL Instant Messenger, was developed in 1996 by four young Israelis.

8. Disk on Key — a portable, virtual hard disk — was developed by the Israeli company M-Systems.

9. Israel has the highest number of personal computers per capita in the world.

10. Israel has the highest number of university degrees per capita in the world.

12. Israeli scientists developed the first fully computerized, no-radiation diagnostic instrumentation for breast cancer.

13. An Israeli company developed a computerized system for ensuring proper administration of medications, thus removing human error from medical treatment. Every year in U. S. hospitals 7,000 patients die from treatment mistakes.

14. Israel’s Given Imaging developed the PillCam — the first ingestible video camera, which is so small it fits inside a pill. Used to view the small intestine from the inside, the camera helps doctors diagnose cancer and digestive disorders.

15. Researchers in Israel developed a new device that directly helps the heart pump blood. The new device is synchronized with the heart’s mechanical operations through a sophisticated system of sensors.

16. Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the workforce, with 145 per 10,000, as opposed to 85 in the U.S., over 70 in Japan, and less than 60 in Germany.

17. An Israeli company was the first to develop and install a large-scale solar-powered and fully functional electricity generating plant in Southern California’s Mojave Desert.

18. The first computer anti-virus software package was developed in Israel back in the 1970′s.

19. Major law enforcement agencies use Israeli technologies to monitor voices and messages on conventional phones, mobile phones and e-mails.

20. A new brain implant has been developed in Israel that can lower the risk of stroke by diverting blood clots away from sensitive areas of the brain.

21. IBM scientists in Israel are playing a vital role in a massive project of the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) to discover the origins of life on earth.

22. Israeli software company Check Point is the global leader in Virtual Private Network (VPN) and firewall technologies.

23. Israeli company Elta is responsible for the world’s first civilian aircraft equipped with technology designed to protect airliners from a missile attack.

24. Drip irrigation — the system that is based on using plastic pipes that release small amounts of water next to crops or plants — was developed by the Israeli engineer Simcha Blas in the 1970′s. The invention caused a revolution in agriculture.

25. The Israeli company Insightec developed an ultrasound system for removing tumors without surgery.

BTW, palestine4life, Judaism is over 4,000 yrs. old, Christianity about 2,000 yrs. old and guess what! Islam is a mere 1,400 yrs. old! It is the new and disruptive of the three Abrahamic religions! Please tell me what scientific contributions has it made, other than those in ancient history. Also, explain why in the history of the Nobel Peace Awards have there been 185 Jews and people of half- or three-quarters-Jewish ancestry have been awarded the Nobel Prize compared to 6 Muslims?

gatita

Degree in History (focus Jewish studies) and Spanish, New Mexico State U. 1990

The foriegn aid the USA provides to Israel is 2,835.8 million, that's $385.62 per person. 1.3 percent of Israel's GDP is American aid.

When you say "Israel does a lot for the USA. Even more than what USA does for Israel. Israel is really the only true friend the USA has." I think 3 things:

1. You cannot do math. The nation of Israel provides exactly $0.00 foriegn aid to the USA.

2. You report "Israel does a lot for the USA." You seem to forget that US support for Israel has caused the USA to be targets for Islamic terrorists.

3. You are extremely naive to think that the term "true friend" has a place in international politics. If tomorrow the USA were to be nuked, Israel would turn to the UK, France or another power and forget the USA existed.

US support of Israel exists only by the grace of God. It would be nice if Israel behaved that way.

Israel spies on its so-called ally-that's enough reason.

The fact that Jews were apparently too incompetent to take Palestine until the British handed it to them-why didn't they create their nation before 1948 if it's "their land"?

They commit atrocities against Arabs then expect the rest of the world to support them due to some bizarre guilt over World War II, which sadly seems to keep happening.

The lobby (AIPAC) uses its influence to force American support even when it's not in the nation's best interest.

Israel is not a friend or ally-it is an ungrateful brat that expects to be able to throw a tantrum then still receive its allowance.

• Because Israel is an illegal state, a terrorist state, and a racist state. To the guy who called was talking dumb, and the other one who called me a fakestini. I can actually prove that my family has lived in that area for over 600 years. To ther dude, my mom is Jewish, I don't follow Islam, not all Palestinians are Muslim, and Islam is 1434 years old not 1200. Israel continues to put more fuel to the flame and increasing 'islamic terrorism'. And how can you do to a people what was done to you? To Gatita, as I said I'm not religious but I still don't understand why you bash Islam? How do expect peace with Muslims if you continue bashing them. Let me tell you this, in 1400 years Islam has gathered more followers than any other religion. Another thing, Islam actually agrees with science unlike Christianity and jeudaism. As I recall, the catholic church used to persecute people who agreed that the earth was a sphere, which is In the Quran btw. While Muslims would go seek knowledge as far as china. (Check out the golden age) Muslim scientists, mathematicians, philosophers , and so on took everything to a whole new level. Contributing to, medicine, biology, chemistry, poetry, philosophy, mechanics, physics, astronomy and many other fields of science. Jews were allowed by Muslim empires to help and contribute as well and some did, while they were being persecuted in Europe. Even when the Andulician empire fell to the spainiard, the Jews of Andulicia fled with the Muslims to north Africa, knowing that the spainiards will persecute them. So please don't tell me this is about religion, it's not. Theodore hertes was not a Jew, his parents were not practicing Jews, just Jews by name. Israel uses Judaism as an excuse, and Jews allow them to pervert it. Just like the Mossad attacks on synagogues in Baghdad in the 50's to make it look like it was the arabs. Pathetic, what they did, destroy lives and continue to do so. It's amazing that Americans are blind enough to not see the USS liberty, sickening, to kill your own ally. If I was an American, oh god I would snap. But I already am, because Israel stole 1300 acres of my families land, killed off many of my family and some from last weeks attacks, and the 2008 war. So don't act like they are innocent. I'm a refugee, do u know what rights I have as a refugee? None. And btw no evidence shows that there was an Israel except the bible, and one stone that says 'house of David' and even that can mean anything.

• Israel has always been our Ally. The liberal media sends hate to Americans for Israel. This is due to the violent religion of Islam and their lies.

• We are very grateful to Israels. Who we are not happy with are Jews that choose to try and force the Arab nations into making them a state. If they freely chose to give you statehood, then that is good and all people will be happy. However, this is not the case so why be happy?

@you the person who posted the question: Israel is an illegal state, a terrorist state, and a racist state.

This statement is actually backed up by the United Nations and Humanitarian groups. The first poster could be from mars, it does not make this statement false. You need to do research and stop listening to one hour news specials. There are a lot of American Jews who also agree with this statement. In fact, probably over 70 percent of them agree that Israel is doing very bad things. And it has to be Jews. Because none of the Israel leaders have been anything other than Jewish. the Army is Jewish. Your telling me that a Palestine who is an Israeli citizen is willing to be in an army that blows up his own people? I suppose that is possible.

It is Israeli politicians that don't want you calling it Jewish nation, because it puts a real face on the people who caused this problem. This is psychology 101. OMG, people need to take their head out the sand.

On another note: we the American people are very happy for the Jewish people being willing to settle in a hostile territory for the interests of the American Nation. Without Israel there to cause all sorts of tension, people might actually have the free time to notice what the U.S.A does to the rest of the world. by far the U.S.A is worse than the Israel government, but we can control most of those problems from being seen by the public. We count on the Israel conflict to cover most of the rest.

So we are absolutely grateful to the Jewish people for agreeing to kick out 750,000+ people from their homeland and take possession of their land. America had to get some sucker to do it, and Jews took the bait. Shortly after that, Iran seen what the U.S. did and kicked the U.S. out of Iran. Do the research, its true.

A lot of what i said was truthful but extremely sarcastic. I don't expect it to be taken as all factual. some of the assertions can not be proven on paper, but they are conclusions to what the facts represent. Don't get too made at the obvious sarcasm. But you can challenge the statements that seem to have factual basis, and I will respond with documentation and references to web links.

You said "Israel does even MORE for the U.S. then the U.S. does for Israel". End quote.

You are completely wrong in this idea. You are Factually wrong with this statement. Your entire statement falls flat on its face with one counter statement: Would there currently be an Israel city without the United States? The answer is no.

You can't even argue this. we supply the weapons, we supply the politicians, we supply the money. We veto the U.N. votes. The entire world wants to vote Israel out of existence, OK, you got about 8 Countries in total that will vote for a 2 state resolution to the conflict. Half the countries that are voting for you have less population then new york city and count on the U.S. to keep them afloat.

please try to argue that with facts. You can't, so I guess I am only going to hear opinions and feelings. Pass a math class with that. No, you can't either. I can go all day.

Israel has good intelligence sources? OK, you can get that point. Israel is very adept in defense and understanding terrorism.

Terror attacks on America? were there links to actual documentation? conspiracy theory is fun, but you can't solve a math problem with a conspiracy.

@ Palestine: most of what you said can be backed up by documentation and easily found on the web. I have no issues with your statement and bravo for saying it.

@Display: wow, the LIBERTY incident was glossed over in the American media. If it is the israel attack on one of our warships way back when, that you are talking about.

Short summation of the situation there - Israel said they were not looking when they hit our ship. Oops, my bad.

Facts: Israel helicopters flew over the ship no less than three times. the Americans on the ship waved to the pilots. Does anyone know the size of an American Flag being flown on a large naval vessel? It's a lot bigger than a napkin, i can tell you that. yeah, whoops is right. Of course the United States brushed it under the rug.

@ original poster: Borderline? OK, I can deal with that. I was trying to stay as factual as I could. I still need to work on removing personal sarcasm and feelings. thx for the comment. If you have questions, feel free to post them or shoot them to me. I don't mind answering.

I suppose anti-Semitic is taken as something negative. Does it simply mean taking the opposite side of another party? I would be interested to know.

"Israel sends the best intelligence out their when it comes up to spotting terrorism."

How kind of them.

You seem to forget if not for the US recognizing Israel would not exist!

Should we also be grateful for the Navy ship you attacked in the 60's?I don't think Israel ever apologized for that!

America has reason to be grateful to Jewry for its intellectual and artistic achievements, but it has no reason to be grateful to Israel. If we get intelligence from Mossad, it is because Mossad feels that Israel will benefit from America's awareness.

• Shane

Because sadly they are complete idiots. Liberals would rather give Israel over to Palestine. Very bad idea, we need Israel. I will always stand behind Israel

@ Palestinian 4 life: Your statement is obviously coming from a Muslim. Please give me one legitament reason why Palestine should have the country? It sure as hell was not yours first. In case you didn't know. Your religion has only been around for about 1200 years. Jews have been there for thousands.

Can you at least explain how America is benefiting from Israel? Israel drains billions of dollar every year its 100% fact that 9/11 happened because we were sticking our neck out for Israel.