How is my pokemon black competitive team?

Swampert item: leftovers

EVs: 252 def 252 HP 4 Spe

Moves: Earthquake, Ice Beam, Stealth Rock, Roar

Haxorus item: lum berry

EVs: 252 Atk 220 Spe 36 hp

moves: Outrage, Earthquake, Brick Break, Dragon Dance

Porygon Z item: choice specs

EVs: 252 SpA 252 Spe 4 hp

moves: Tri Attack, Dark Pulse, Hidden Power fighting, Trick

Skarmory item: leftovers

EVs: 252 defense 252 hp 4 Spe

moves: Roost, Spikes, Whirlwind, Brave Bird

Blissey item: leftovers

EVs: 252 Def 252 hp 4 Spe

Moves: wish, protect, Seismic Toss, Toxic

Cryogonal item: leftovers

EVs: 252 SpD 252 Hp 4 Spe

Moves: Ice Beam, Rapid Spin, Recover, Toxic

@ Brian

FC: 1979 5200 3267

name: ash

What should Dusclops set be

Favorite Answer

The team looks more like a mish-mash of great pokemon instead of a functioning team. Mixed sweeping fighting types; more specifically, Infernape, can decimate everyone on this team (if it carries grass knot). In addition, the team seems to be debating on weither it wants to be defensive or offensive, and not quite synergizing enough to be balanced.

Don't take the negative intro badly; the team is actually quite good for first to third team. Just needs a few adjustments.

The team leads more towards the defensive side then it does offensive. The first thing to take note of is Cryogonal, who happens to be one of the worst spinners for the team. Considering the team's mild dislike for Toxic Spikes, Tentacruel makes a fine spinner. Absorbing Toxic Spikes, and possibly setting your own, allowing all 3 forms of Entry Hazards to be used on the team.

Second thing to note is Porygon-Z. Yes, in theory, Choice Specs Porygon-z... why, who can stand up to that? Anything that can hates trick, no? Well... in practice, its a little different story. The odds of actually coming in of a resisted hit is slim to none with Porygon-z. Any common ghost move (your only resistance, which happens to be an immunity) often comes paired with something crippling to your cybernetic duck (Gengar outspeeds and OHKOs with Focus Blast; Jellicent can either Taunt you to keep you stuck in trick, or tank the Dark Pulse and switch to appropriate fighting resistance). In addition, what is he even helping the team with? Surely its not the massive physical walls like Skarmory and Ferrothron, who happen to resist your STAB move. There are much better, and considering the defensive approach the team is shaping up to be, we are going to need better.

So here's the senario. You got your stealth rocks up with Swampert, but had to tank a pretty heafty hit from it. You were able to get both layers Toxic Spikes up with Tentacruel as they were healing an important member of the team by wish passing. Finally, Skarmory comes out, get 2 layers of spikes up, as they swap to their starmie, who has Natural cure to ignore the Toxic Spikes later in the match. As you set up your 3rd layer, Starmie rapid spins all of that away. 6 turns wasted in 1 turn. The opponent has given a hefty hit on your Swampert, and healed an important member of their team while you were setting up your hazards, which are now gone. So what can you do, you may ask? Get a spin blocker. AKA, a ghost type, who immunes rapid spin, and thus the effects of it.

While Jellicent is the "gung-ho" ghost type to look for, 3 water types is... pushing, to say the least. Dusclops makes an excellent partner however, with Blissy being able to use Wish to make up for lack of leftovers due to eviloite, Dusclops becomes a great, general wall for the team. In addition, Night Shade/Seismic Toss can slowly wear down Foretress, Tentacruel, Donphan, and Offensive varients of Starmie, all of which are common spinners you will be swapping into.

With these 2 addition to the team, your team should be able to handle anything. Basic stratigy of the team is to set up hazards, and weaken the team long enough with stall to have Haxorus boost once, and sweep the team.

Dusclops, Blissy, Skarmory, Tentacruel, Swampert, Haxorus

Hope I helped! In addition, this team has an answer to the whole Level 1 rattata (entry hazards and dusclops) and Wobbuffett. Simply put, the guy who worries about Wobbuffet every question really overestimates it. Setting Hazards in front of it will cripple its teammates, and it can really only come in on Swampert safely, or Dusclops if you don't teach it taunt or use night shade over Sesmic toss (Sesmic toss is a physical move, which is what Counter is for. But Dusclops is immune to counter so....)

EDIT: Dusclop's set

While a Rest-Sleep talking set is my personal favorite, the lack of Heal Bell on Blissy makes it a little less viable, and wish heals all his health anyway. So, the Pain Split set will be more helpful to the team.

EVs for a perfect IV Dusclops: 252 HP/80 Def/176 Sp. Def (Calm Nature)

EVs for a legit Dusclops: 252 HP/252 Sp. Def/4 Def (Calm Nature)

~Pain Split (Egg move with Reuniclus/Misdrevious/Litwick)

~Will-o-Wisp (TM)

~Taunt (TM)

~Night Shade/Sesmic Toss (Night Shade is more reliable, as it allows you to hit basically any pokemon in OU except Blissy and Chansey, who you couldn't beat with Sesmic toss anyway. However, Sesmic toss can help you greatly against a Wobbuffett hoping to trap and kill you, but leaves you helpless against a Gengar and Taunt Jellicent (not that you could beat a taunt jellicent anyway, but you could at least damage it). Night Shade is naturally learned, Sesmic toss is a 3rd generation move tutor in leaf green, making it much more difficult to get)

Eviolite is the item

I'll ask you two things that I always ask people when they make competitive teams: How do you respond to:

Wobbuffett with Counter, Mirror Coat, Encore and Safeguard

and

Level 1 Rattata with Focus Sash, Quick Attack and Endeavor?

Not enough Cinccino.

And honestly blissey is meh as of now..i just use chansey with evolite if it isnt banned. She runs the set you have better than blissey because of that sexy sexy item

The best way to see if there best is to battle me!

my pokemon white v.s. Your pokemon black

my friend code is1506-8544-4166

put your friend code and go to wifi club to battle!

@Blasian

i will be on the whole day after and before 3:00pm

sorry I cant tell you directly I dont know why it wont let me

Source(s): me and my pokemon white game! alright I dont know when you will get on the wifi club so I ll wait you now my ds will be charging anyway
  • justa

those 3 are all close to the tip of the game; so except you're making plans on employing AR/cheats you will prefer in the previous pokes, which in my opinion are all poor, in case you prefer a starter Pignites the only solid one, i like Krocorok too, yet maximum the hot era are **** :/